“I ran away from a thousand things waiting to be done
and stole a little visit with a friend.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Some weeks ago **Mildred** sent me the sweetest present in the mail. it is a little coffee table book called Prairie Wisdom with quotes of Laura Ingalls Wilder, illustrated by Yvonne Pope. Really, I can’t think of a more appropriate and heart warming gift than this. It is filled with kindred thoughts that tickle my fancy and warm my soul.
Some weeks find me happily holed up in my bustling household with my tender little charges while others, like this one, are blissfully enriched with moments of sweet fellowship with people I treasure over steaming Chai Lattes, fizzy Raspberry Slush, Starbucks coffee and strawberries drizzled in hazelnut chocolate. Life is sweet.
It got me to thinking. If life were a strawberry, friends would undoubtedly have to be the hazelnut chocolate, wouldn’t you say?
11 comments:
i love that quote!!
I wholeheartedly agree -- hazelnut chocolate, indeed! (Add in a few raspberries fresh from the vine and I'd think I was in Heaven.)
The wonder of life filled with wonderfullness . . . I love living it!
Absolutely. As I read your post I was reminded of my wednesday morning Bible Study group. We've been together for years now - all ladies of a "certain" age.
Each wednesday morning we greet one other as though we hadn't seen them in months. There is a warmth and special kind of sharing of hearts that is definitely the hazelnut chocolate.
Absolutely! Chocolate indeed!
Be blessed, friend.
Glad you have been having so much sweet fellowship! Sounds like a great little book. Hope your mud is drying up alittle bit.
indubitably. thanks for your sensitive spirit this morning. i love you.
I love stealing little (long) visits with friends *grin*
Lovely:)
I love strawberries, and I would have to agree with you, if life were a strawberry friends would definitely have to be hazelnut chocolate!!
I love that quote by Laura Ingills Wilder... I used to love watching Little House on the Prairie! I have been making a conscience effort to not do housework all day, but to stop after a bit and enjoy life rather than bustling around trying to make everything perfect... and it has made a world of difference! And everything that has to get done still somehow gets done!!
How are you doing those wonderful collages, I would love to know how to do those!
Blessings!
Tricia, I make the collages over at http://www.picnik.com/
Love that LIW quote and your collages are beautiful! I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend dear friend.
Post a Comment