Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tulips

tulips

And with childlike credulous affection
We behold their tender buds expand;
Emblems of our own great resurrection,
Emblems of the bright and better land.

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow~

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Ah yes, my favorite flowers of all... so brilliant after our long brown, white and grey winters. I'm sure these are not from your yard... but do you have any coming up?

That quote is perfect... exactly how I feel at this time of year. :o)

Alleluiabelle said...

Tulips are at the top of my list too. I wish they lasted all year through.

The beauty of these colorful tulips, the sweet fragrance of the way the words penetrate through me, hits to the very soul. I sit here with eyes closed now, taking it in. The full meaining of Longfellow's words and the way he captures something as simple and beautiful as a tulip and relates it to life.

Love this poste P.C. Especially nearing Easter.

Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

Dawn said...

They're blooming here now. Daffodils are next!

Blessings!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Haven't seen them yet but waiting. The snow is almost gone. My man buys them for me often because they and Daisies are my fav. A lovely verse!

Linda said...

I love it that you bring us a beautiful garden of both flowers and words. You do indeed have a special gift for this.
You bring such joy!

Melanie said...

Gorgeous! I love tulips!

Joy said...

Ah yes..I love love tulips my favorite flower and yet I haven't even planted any in my yard..need to do that I say that every year. I just wish they last longer!
We are having winter weather right now and I am so wanting SUMMER to be here not spring mind you but SUMMER!
Joy