Friday, April 24, 2009

Some Would Call It Optimism.

or wishful thinking


or denial...


or naivety


Take your pick.


I hung my clothes out on the line today.



laundry2




is this what you would call a bad laundry day?


and if April showers bring May Flowers what do April flurries bring?



Regretfully Yours, P-Chick.


18 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh man, I bet that was disappointing! Maybe that will be the last of the snow.

Berry Girl said...

bwahahahaha!! :)
Hilarious. not really. more like tragically depressing. it started well, really, it did. There was warm sun this morning, I'm sure of it. And then BLAMMO...snowstorm. ugh.
please pass the chocolate.

The McMurrays said...

LOL....ooops! Wishful thinking, eh? 91 degrees here in NC tomorrow...! Ack! I agree with Berry Girl - wherever we are, please pass the chocolate!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm in on the chocolate pity party. Totally in. Considering:

1. it's THAT time of month.

2. P-Guy ditched me to go to the city to pick up reno supplies and groceries, only

3. he didn't get the groceries and

4. He just called to tell me he is playing mini golf at the mall with Prairie Poppet while I am

5. stuck home with 3 very whiny boys;

6. a dead cat;

7. and a dying sheep.

MAYBE chocolate could make me feel better. And I use the term loosely.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Looks like hope to me:)

grammy said...

So sorry! I can remember bringing in frozen stiff clothes from the clothes line (o: Fun picture though (o: Your comment is sad. Even more sorry. It is tuff to be at home to deal with things like that. Maybe one of the whiny boys should hide the chocolate from you ((hugs))

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I awoke to a glorious spring rain today. (But heard some in the vicinity had snow . . . we don't live that close do we? Have you moved? *snicker*)

We went from filmy peasant blouses and swims in the eve to boots and blankies in ONE DAY!!! Crazy weather all over, I guess! ; D

Alleluiabelle said...

Stiff clothes if it was cold too! You are so funny P.C. We hit 70 degrees today and tomorrow is suppose to be even better! Seriously, I can relate since I live in the northeast in Upstate New York. Hey, if any of those chocolates are left Berry Girl, are you sharing? Please pass em on over this way. After the week I just had, I can just taste a piece, forget that, I can taste a mouthful!

Hugs & Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I call it..restlestness!

LOL!

Chris said...

sniff. chomp. sigh.

sniff. chomp. sigh.

The only comfort in this is that the warm sunshine may take care of this current hope-dashing weather in a matter of hours.

sniff. chomp. sigh.

ps.- I did have to giggle at the thought of one more focused and preoccupied husband in the city. And you must admit, Poppet would be smitten and elated for such sweet time with her Papa.

Melanie said...

Okay, I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh! LOL

Dawn said...

You've read my most recent post so you know that my opinion is that every day is a bad laundry day if I have to actually do laundry. Ha!

Know what came to mind when I saw your photos?

Freeze-dried laundry! Bwaaahahahaha!

Please pass the chocolate now, k?

Blessings!

PS - Just read your comments. So sorry about the kitty and the sheep. Maybe you should lock yourself alone in your room with the chocolate?

Joy said...

Oh my goodness! That is amazing!
But not in a good way amazing!
Sorry to hear bad news about snow, kitty and sheep.
I am hoping and praying you will get some better weather your way soon!
Just keep telling yourself "this too shall pass" as everything does and I have to tell myself that lots lately believe me! If I could send sunshine your way I would! :) ((hugs))
Joy

Tricia said...

You have made me laugh... but I am sure it was not funny to you! I am so sorry the warmer weather has not made it your way yet... we were having nice weather in the 60s and then Saturday, when I ran the 5K, it was in the high 80s... where did the 70s go...

Sending you clear blue skies and warmer weather...

Blessings!

Andrea said...

Love it. you rock.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Bad laundry day, but lovely photos.

Beauty in unexpected places ...

Thanks for giving us permission to laugh with you. I love your infectious spirit!

Simply_Pam said...

I have to say I have never seen a picture of forzen laundry before.I think I would stick to the clothes dryer for awhile longer. That just has to suck.... Glad to be in Texas even if it is raining today.

Unknown said...

Wow, that is an unfortunate day; getting your laundry hung out only for the snow to fall and make it impossible to dry! Talk about the odds going against you!

Thanks for visiting my site. I always enjoy meeting new friends so I'm glad to meet you!

I love your blog image on the front page. It's very nice.


In Him,
Sarah