Thursday, February 26, 2009

Like Chocolate?


Check out the comments in *this post* below and leave a story pertaining to a real life "kids say the darndest things" experience to have the chance to win "The Chocolates" that are worth their weight in gold. Come on, you know you want to...

11 comments:

DayPhoto said...

I want some! Please!!!! Pretty Please! Pretty, pretty, please!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

I don't have any funny kids comments, but I will take the chocolate...

oh, btw, I have a belly butt too, maybe I don't need the chocolate!

hahahahahah, still laughing over your son....hahahahahahah

Mac an Rothaich said...

Sim- 'Mom should we check Dannan's turnups?'


Mom- 'Her what?'


Sim- 'Oh, oh her pushups?'


Mom-'Do you mean her pull-ups?'


Sim-'They are not turnups?'


Mom- 'No dear, (chuckle) I am pretty sure her training diapers are pull-ups!'

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog, but have never commented. For the chocolate, I will! ;)

I kept two little boys, brothers, last year, so I could stay home with my daughter and make money doing it. One brother, Cole, was 4 and the other, Caden, was 2. Cole was always scared of my two dogs in the backyard. One afternoon the boys were watching the dogs through a slit in the fence and the dogs stuck their noses out to snif. Cole wanted to touch them and asked me "Do they bite, Miss Heather?" I assured him they didn't, they just lick! He then looks at Caden, puts his hand on his back and bends down to tell him "Here, take your hand and see if they won't bite."

I died. I don't keep them anymore because we've moved. I miss them terriibly! If I get the chocolate, I would have to share it with their mother (since they are her children) so that will give me a good excuse to go visit! ;)

Have a great weekend.

-Heather

Amy Ellen said...

I started to post earlier but the power went out here.... So

The first was from my then 4 year old, now 17, who was ht eoldest at the time. We had decided to go out for dinner at a local chinese place. It was a Friday night which meant packed, it was also summer, key point for later. We were seated in a booth, ordered our drinks and then I started to scoot out to fill a plate for my darling lovely sweet child. Okay remember, booth equals vinyl seats, summer equals hot, and mom wearing shorts, packed restraunt. As I stood up my sweetheart screams out and I quote, "MOMMY STOP FARTING AT ME"!!!!!!!

Child is still alive thank you although mom wanted to die on the spot. And yes everyone turned to look.

Second most memorable was yesterday, we homeschool. So I was going through flash cards with the two youngest. We were on M. The picture was a monkey. I said what other words being with M. For some reason they were drawing a blank. I decided to point at myself and make an MMMMMMMMMM sound. The older of the two screws up his face in concentration, thinks for a moment and says, "Elephant"????

"WHAT"???? "ELEPHANT", I asked. Now I may not thin anymore. 6 kids in 12 years does something to some of us. BUT I am hardly an elephant. He seemed to not really think anything of it and just shrugged, so I asked him, "Does Elephant have an M in it" He says "No, ohhhhh" mushroom, LOL

Boy are they fun

Dawn said...

One more story on myself?

When I was about five years old, we had been to a garden party. My mom had on a lovely white spring dress. Unfortunately, she sat in a chair where someone had spilled some red punch. Upon standing up, my dad told her about the poorly placed stain and tried to walk closely behind her to block everyone's view. Not having paid attention to the event, I was dutifully following Dad out behind Mom when I noticed the stain and announced (very loudly), "Oh no, Mommy!!! You're bleeding all over your skirt!"

I tell ya, I'm lucky to be alive after some of the stunts I've pulled! Ha!

lambofHisflock said...

Ok, we were at a restaurant and the waiter asked my son if he was hungry. My son nodded. The waiter asked what he would like.. more to me than to him. He was maybe 16 months old at the time but he answered all too clearly. While patting my breast my still nursing son said, "Nur. Nur Mommy. Mmmmm!"

I am not sure who was more embarrassed, me or the young mail waiter.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to post another. (This also isn't me or my child, so I would have to share the chocolate with my Mother-in-law :)
Anywho, my brother-in-law was a toddler at the time this happened. He was nursed, and for some reason he called breasts 'bu-dahs'. (I'm not sure why....) The family went to a Chinese restaurant one night and the little guy asked what the fat man statue was on the counter. His dad told him it was Buddah. The child replied "That ain't no bu-dah!" One of the family favorites...

Mitzi said...

My husband sang a silly song one day to my daughter while they were laughing and cutting up. It is quite gross but really hilarious when a kid complains of a stopped up nose. He sang, "Gotta booger in my nose, Get it Out!" Gotta booger in my nose, get it Out" Gotta booger in my nose, gotta booger in my nose, Gotta booger in my nose, Get it out! He was shockingly surprised when he went into her classroom the next day to pick her up and her teacher says, "Oh, your daughter taught us the new song you taught her this week." You could have heard a pin drop at that point!

Anonymous said...

okay, it is probably too late to enter...but I just remembered a hilarious story about my oldest daughter...at the time she was 2-3ish...

we were at the mall...with my sister....with my mom...

and the wanted to go to Victorias' Secret...well, my little darling proceeded to demand for a bra, that she wanted a bra...that she had breasts, and NEEDED A BRA...

I WANT A BRA, MOMMY, I WANT ONE, this was at the top of her lungs, at Victoria's Secret...we had to physically lead her from the store, everyone was laughing and smiling...
but me of course...I was the humiliated mom...outside the store....in a public mall, mind you, she continued her catterwaulling for the bra and how she had BOOBS AND SHE NEEDED ONE, I NEED ONE TO MOMMY...oh yeah she did, for her mouth...

sweet grandma said, when we get home you can try on one of mine, which is exactly what we did, my mom still has the photo to prove it!

Anonymous said...

oh...the latent trauma I experienced from that event needs chocolate...

just saying...

Sarah