Ain’t it good to know that you’ve got a friend
when people can be so cold
they’ll hurt you, and desert you
they’ll take your soul if you let them
oh but don’t you let them
You just call out my name
and you know wherever I am
I’ll come runnin’ to see you again
Winter
spring
summer
or fall
all you gotta do is call
and I’ll be there yes I will
You’ve got a friend.
14 comments:
What a beautiful cocker! My brother lost his for 18 years last summer. For my birthday he got himself another cocker puppy. His name is Butter because they have another dog call Coco. Coco and Butter.
I love this post! I love animals.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
Awww... love that last shot! Such a great song, eh?
This song was popular when I was in college. I always loved the words and it brings back memories of happy times. Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photography. What talent you have.
I love both posts and the songs you chose! Great photos filled with beauty - all God's handiwork - children, loving pets, creation.
man's best friend is a title not to be taken lightly!
So true so true!
Okay - I love Sophie. She is just too cute. Great job kiddo!!
Really cute posts. My paternal grandmother always had cockers while I was growing up. Funny thing is, they were either named Buffy or Princess. She alternated wtih each dog!
Please, just do tell me that you let her in the house when it's really, really cold?
Blessings!
What a beautiful dog, we had a big ole yellow lab for a long time and she was just great with the kids and one night she got into my chickens with the help of some others and killed about 65 of them and we made a hasty decision to give her away to someone with no chickens, but we all miss her so much, this happened 4 months ago but the kids still talk about her everyday, A good ole dog is just hard to beat, they sure are good friends!! And I love both songs, yours and the kids.
Brandie
That is just precious! Your pup reminds me of one I have growing up, except ours was black.
Blessings!
What a beautiful dog! Years ago, we had one who looked just like him. Ours was named Samson.
Great pics!
Blessings,
DeeDee
She is beautiful...when I was 8 we got one just like her and named her Muffin, we moved to an apt. and she went to live with my grandmother...who kept her until I was grown up...while in jr. college she got so old and in pain, I took her in to be put to sleep...I sobbed the whole way home...
she was the best dog ever!
What a beautiful friend you have. I loved how you put pictures to the song. I just love it.
yeah, she's a real sweetheart alright. When we were first married we had a male Cocker named Jesse (James). He was the SMARTEST dog I've ever had, but had a mind of his own to go along with it. He had a basket full of balls and toys (baseball, golf ball, tennis ball, sponge ball, a small conch shell, a bone, some different rubber dog toys). You would tell him to go and get his _____ ball or _____ toy, and he would go and sort through that basket and come with the EXACT toy everytime. He talked back like a trooper. If you asked him "do you want to.... go for a drive for instance. If he wanted to do it he would bark three times all excited, and if he didn't want to he would put his head down, put his paw on his nose and whine pitifully and GROAN. Hilarious. I loved that dog. We took him and Molly, our King Charles Spaniel to Italy with us, and neither of them made it back when we moved home. We had to have Jesse put to sleep as well when he got an incurable kidney disease that gets passed on through mosquito bites in the mediterranean region. And Molly met a car, she was always so excited about wheels, and not the sharpest tack on the planet.
Sophie is not too bright either, but she makes up for it in gentle spiritedness and loving affection. And she is pretty cotton pickin' adorable to boot.
Dawn... I'm sorry to say that no, she has never set foot in the house. Ew. If she could take her paws off at the door, well, maybe I'd let her in on a mat, but bein' on a farm and all... just not happenin'. But she is happy as a clam out in the barn at night with all the cats and sheep and horses, and there's a heat lamp there so no worries.
She mothers the cats. Seriously, she NURSES the cats. They have even brought on her milk (she's never had a litter of pups)... it's the bizarrest thing. She lays down and they come and crawl all over and she... mothers them. Gotta love a dog like that!
Awww that was cute!! What a lovely girl.
Hugs
Amy
Post a Comment