
Aha! Said in my best Tigger impersonation. Gotcha, didn't I? Okay, so I'm not here, but if you are reading this you are, and I thought a little foresight was in order to have something waiting for you today. So... in light of Monday's post, who do you most relate to in the story of Mary and Martha? I have to admit, until reading Dawn's comment, I had never really associated Martha Stewart with the busy at home biblical Martha, but when you think of it, man, they may have been two peas in a pod. I have heard of many "Martha's" seeking to become Mary's, but my post on Monday (in hindsight) made me realize that I am a "Mary" constantly striving to be a better Martha. The irony. So... do tell!
5 comments:
Wow that is complicated... I think I tend to be a Martha more often but not so great at it. I wish I was more Mary more often because my heart longs to and I think I would be a better servant too if I did the Mary thing first...
That's a great pix!
25% Martha
25% Mary
50% ME! Sometimes this is NOT good!
I was actually thinking about this earlier - when reading the original post. Really, I think it depends on who you're "standing" beside, if you know what I mean. When I'm next to my older sister, I am a TOTAL Mary (actually, at any time with my family, it is assumed that I am a Mary - it's my "role"). When I'm next to a good friend of mine, I am a total Martha. I really think that it's mostly situational. Someone's always more "Mary" than you, making you feel very "Martha-ish", and vice versa.
At least that's my two cents.
Wow this post made me think! That is what i love about your blog, you always keep it real and challenge me to think about things that normally wouldn't come to mind during my crazy days of endless chores. Thanks brandie
Oh, I'm a Martha through and through! Didn't even have to think long on that one! Ha!
Hope you're having fun with your family!
Post a Comment