Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful 222 & Counting

come, thou fount of every blessing - Fernando Ortega

Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.

I'm thankful for;
222 encouragement from friends and even strangers who "hear me" and understand me. It's so good to not feel alone.

223 a faithful husband. He's not perfect but he's precious. I'll take precious over perfect any day.

224 kids who are turning into the most amazing people I have ever met. I LOVE them.

225 meals outdoors with my family on our new porch. My husband rocks.

226 rain, even though it's drenching our hay which lays cut in the field... it's making the world beautiful and means that we are not suffering from drought.

227 wicker swings and quiet evening conversation with... you guessed it... Prairie Guy.

228 trays of plump, purple saskatoon berries sorted by my dear friend Berry Girl!!!!

229 new neighbours who "fit" like a glove.

230 old neighbours who feel like family.

231 the eager anticipation of fun times coming up, birthdays, rodeos, and waterslide parties.

Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

14 comments:

Chris said...

I'm so thankful for

bodies that are created to heal

the enjoyment of watching our children adventure together

the sweet taste of fresh strawberries and rhubarb, mmmm with coffee....

the fun of "working" in a library, just for today!

for a sweet DH who works so diligently after a day of work to create my dream workspace

for beautiful boys with wonderful hearts

for the love God plants in my heart to share with so many others!

Dawn said...

I can echo your thankfulness on almost all of your points!

Except for the berries... obviously a regional fruit. What are they like?

Krista said...

That is one of my favorite verses! There's so much to be thankful for. I enjoyed reading what you, my e-friend, is thankful for. Isn't our God wonderful!

Thankful on Friday,
Krista

Denise said...

Amen, precious is much better than perfect sweetie.

my4blessings said...

I am thankful for
the redeeming love of a merciful Father
sand on the floor after a day of outside play for my 4 blessings
a sweet husband who laughs at all my jokes
the smell of clean laundry
pretty paper and photographs
good shampoo
flowers in my garden

Forgetfulone said...

I'm also thankful for the rain today. Loved your list and your verse at the end.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the porch.

We have a screened-in porch, but last year we tore up the ancient indoor/outdoor carpeting and it's been cracked concrete and unappealing ever since.

We're slow movers in the home improvement department.

So yesterday, The Belgian Wonder headed over to a home improvement place and bought a roll of new carpet and double-stick tape. Hopefully tonight we'll have a place to hang out again, and I'll be singing the porch's (and The Belgian Wonder's) praises in my next post!

Tricia said...

A great thankful list!

regarding the bullets, when I am in draft mode for writing a post there is an icon on the top bar for numbers and bullets, I usually just click on that... sometimes I write my posts in Word and then just copy and paste... hope that helps!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

-wind on my cheeks
-little girly kisses and giggles
-cinnamon buns and watermelon
-a computer that keeps me in intelligent conversation with others taller than 3ft.

Leaon Mary said...

Love your TT post! But have to say your chickadees are ADDDDORABLE! Little bambino falling asleep is so cute! My boys are grown and seeing these pictures brings back memories!
I have NEVER heard of a saskatoon berry before? Hafta look that one uP
Have a day,
Lea

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Come over and see what I've got to be thankful for today!

Always love your post!

Nancie said...

Thank God for giving you precious and lovely family. You are so blessed! Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

i said...

What a lovely thankful list!

Remain blessed!

Unknown said...

Dawn, yep the berries are native to our region although I imagine they could be grown anywhere (isn't that funny, if something can grow HERE it can grow pretty much ANYWHWERE), they are a bit smaller and meatier than blueberries.