Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful 232 & Counting

                Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness
                Thank you Lord for....
              • 232 plump, juicy raspberries that leave stains on chubby little fingers and mouths.
              • 233 the first zucchini picked and shredded and turned into this
              • 234 ice cream pails of rhubarb slush, roofing bees and farmyard picnics
              • 235 little boys who fall asleep on the stairs, happily exhausted by the great outdoors
              • 236 shouts and squeals echoing in the yard as the day is closing
              • 237 the sound of Prairie Guy pulling into the drive at the end of the day, and a heart that still jumps at the sight of him
              • 238 good books, 239 garden swings and 240 beaded glasses of icy lemonade
              • 241 the sound of the wind whipping through the trees, prelude to a summer storm
              • 242 the sound of raindrops blowing in sheets against the window panes
              • 243 the smell after the rain, fresh and new, full of hope and promise
              • 244 home-grown potatoes dug, washed, cooked and eaten... so fresh the peel just washes right off and the flavor is enough to melt your tastebuds.
              • 245 afternoon naps snatched stretched out next to pudgy little babies on colorful picnic blankets enveloped in the tangy odor of freshly mown grass

              Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

              For other thankful thursday posts visit Sting My Heart. What are you thankful for today?

              16 comments:

              Dawn said...

              Love the music this morning!

              Blessings upon your Thursday!! Dawn

              Denise said...

              Really enjoyed your thankful list dear one.

              Anonymous said...

              I really enjoyed reading your thankful list today!
              May God bless you all,
              ~Chrissy

              Mary said...

              I enjoyed your TT list. Thank you for sharing your blessings and may you have many more.

              Kristi said...

              Your TT is so beautifully written. I could almost smell the freshly cut grass and taste the beaded icy glass of lemonade. Blessings to you.

              Leanne said...

              Beautiful thank-you list as usual!

              Anonymous said...

              What a lovely list this was. I haven't yet had the chance to post my own. I too am a prairie chick, (okay, maybe an old hen) loving and learning in Manitoba.

              blessings,

              Karin

              Tricia said...

              What a great list, you truly have a thankful heart and many things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing the zucchini cake recipe, I may have to try that one, they looked yummy!

              I see you figured out the bullets! Yea!

              Blessings!

              NanaNor's said...

              Hi Prairie Chick, Today I am so thankful for you, your family and the posts that share your life. You writing is soooo good and the pic's darling. I love sharing in all that you post-it brings joy to my heart. Bless you.

              Nancie said...

              This is such a sweet thankful list. It makes me smile. You have such a thankful heart. Thanks for sharing with us. Take care and God bless!

              Susan said...

              Oh, this was just great. What a gift you have with words.

              I really enjoyed reading each thing.

              Blessings to you this TT♥

              Aunt Angie said...

              Why is it that every time I read your thankful Thursday---I want to go where you are? The sound of the rain...the taste of potatoes fresh from the garden...you make it all come alive!
              What tremendous blessings! After 3 little wild indians left our house this evening after supper...I told my husband..."ssshhhh....listen. You hear that? It is the sound of nothing"....and that REALLY sounded good right then.
              But----an hour later---we miss 'em!

              Unknown said...

              be blessed ladies. You bless me. Wish I could come visit you all and leave you fellowship notes but life is busy with roofing bees, appointments and lots and lots of breastfeeding... (This kid is sucking the life out of me... I. can. do. this.) Thanks for stopping in and blessing me today.

              Joy said...

              great thankful list!
              haven't had timet to stop by much lately this week..busy with garden and preserving!
              Joy

              Anonymous said...

              Hello again,
              Oh I enjoy your writings so much and I am blessed. Have not commented in so long...as I read I need to remember that there is so much too be thankful for...I am needing to remember...it is a choice we make to be happy & thankful...I remember I have been reminded of this on your blog! Thanks, you are a blessing!
              Momma of 8 from the lil'city

              Dawn said...

              Hello, hope you've had a good weekend and a refreshing Sabbath.

              Thought you'd enjoy seeing this site - I think you are of a similar heart: http://aholyexperience.com/

              And, then I saw that you already read her blog!

              Too funny!!! Blessings!