Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Battle of the Seasons

In Which Prairie Chick Begins to Suffer From Interminable Winter Syndrome. 

I have a poem in here just dying to break out, but alas, no time to play with words.  I leave you with pictures that speak for themselves.  Much love, and heartiest best wishes to one and all.

 IMG_2222

IMG_3088

IMG_2227

IMG_3087

 IMG_4408

IMG_3091

IMG_3801

IMG_3101

IMG_2292

IMG_3093

IMG_4407

IMG_3110

 IMG_6182

IMG_2525 

IMG_6160 IMG_1015

IMG_4405

IMG_3096

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

What absolutely enchanting photos. I love seeing the different seasons. Hope you have a good day.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

white white white..wow

In The Masters Hands said...

Wow! your right the photos speak for themselves. Very pretty pictures, and such beauty in all seasons. Have a great day!

Joy said...

oh my word! I can't believe all the snow! It is just beautiful! Your pictures are so pretty you truly caught the season!
I just can't believe how much snow you have! My kids would love to have 1/4 of that! Wow!
Thanks for sharing!
Have a wondeful day no matter the season!
Joy

Mac an Rothaich said...

Great contrast:) The one of the frosty fence really grabbed my attention!

DayPhoto said...

Great photographs! Your snow is deep! Not just deep, REALLY deep.

Let's see winter has to be ending...it does, it really does.

I hope.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

grammy said...

Great idea. The snow is so DEEP. We really have not had any to think of this winter. What do the kids do to use up their energy when there is so much snow all winter. I guess mine would have played in it all winter....but is it to cold?

Unknown said...

You have captured such seasonal loveliness. Thanks for sharing.

Berry Girl said...

*sigh*

now I think that I am suffering from Interminable Winter Syndrome...

great.

*grin*

NanaNor's said...

Hey Prairie Chick, So glad you posted your pic's...we've had spring like weather here too and then this afternoon we had heavy snow-that didn't last too long but now I"m itching for spring and planting anything.
Blessings to you this evening.
Hugs, Noreen

Katrina said...

I understand... I love how you captured the different seasons. I definitely prefer the season of "laundry on the line".

Anonymous said...

very nice

Tricia said...

Beautiful... I just love the contrast!

I am so thankful for the different seasons, in the weather and in our lives... aren't you glad the Lord sees fit to change things us for us so that we have variety and the blessing of change in our life, although some times we do not automatically see the changes as blessings...

Be Blessed!

Leanne said...

Ahh, I can smell the intoxicating spring air, simply by looking at your photos. The snow is so beautiful, pure and white, but if you are like me enjoying the great outdoors from inside the house gets old after a couple of months! I have been longing for spring a lot lately, I keep looking at my yard (brown & muddy) and longing for the day it is lush and green with the smell of fresh cut grass, flowers blooming, the warm sun shining on your back, oh I better stop before I get to excited! It has been beautiful here where we live the past few days (60-65), but I am afraid it won't last. Spring wishes to you and yours!!!!!!!!!! Bye for now! Leanne

Trudy said...

Your photos are beautiful! YOu do an amazing job with your photography!

Chelsea said...

love it! :)

Linda said...

You are a gifted photographer. The pictures are wonderful.
Can't wait to read the poem!

Unknown said...

it's not as much snow as it might look like. It is about a foot deep in places, but the big mounds you see have been pushed up like that to clear our driveway.

Somebody's winter may be ending... but it most definitely won't be mine! 4 months to go before spring arrives in our neck of the woods. This is when I start to hate our longitude and latitude...

and yes, Tricia... I totally am glad for seasons, of nature and life. Having some downs makes the ups all the more wonderful.

Sorry I don't have time to keep up with everyone in blogland, or respond in person to all of your emails... I appreciate you all and will keep in touch and pop by for a virtual visit as I am able.

Jody Blue said...

Love the photos and your wash tubs!

Chris said...

feeling the urge to have a cup of tea with you... when does it suit? Let's do it as soon as we both are able to put up the feet for a spell.

jan said...

Beautiful pictures, summer or winter!