Any man who buys me these…
and toasts me by candlelight with this…
while dancing with me to this playlist…
and rents THIS to watch with me
(never mind that I’d seen it before, he rented a chick flick to watch with me… nuff said)
and then commences to go around saying “P.S. .... I Love You".” to me on the phone and at the end of conversations and emails for the next three days;
well…that’s my kind of Valentine.
Hey, for the record I get some real brownie points here too (ahem). I contributed the music play list, candlelit supper, brownies and ice cream and Baileys. I know the way to my man's heart. And I was all for heading out to the hot tub after all was said and done, but the truth of the matter is... we were wasted, heh heh... (tired, not drunk!). It was a night to remember. Simple. Special. Sweet. Mmmmm.
(oh and p.s. I almost forgot. He wins when it comes to brownie points due to the following disclosure. I don't know if it was thanks to the Lambrusco and Baileys or just our (I use the term loosely) lack of suave "finesse" on the dance floor (which happened to be our dining room floor with the table pushed out of the way) but he thought dance lessons sounded like a great idea. Huh?! I think that floored me more than the earings and the super romantic card that made me cry).
13 comments:
WOW! Good for you, girl!
So glad you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Blessings!
wo wo wo..girl..TMI!
You must be doin something right!
BTW~ I got my title as a result from that little movie..it made me sad that so many don't know that HE has always and will always be there ..just thought I'd share that tidbit! ;)
Whaddya mean TMI?? I kept back all the juicy parts. LOL!
I figured that's where you got your blog handle from, I love it. I always look at every romance in light of the author of romance and how great it will be to be romanced by Him for eternity. Makes me think how frumpy I let myself get with him though. Not cool.
mmmmmm...sounds like a DIVINE evening. and WOW to the gorgeous earrings!!! Well done, PGuy, well done.
(and I love the "ps I love you" comments - that is just too sweet!)
I'm sorry, I'm a bit lingo-retarded. TMI?? Anyone?
Berry girl I think that means "too much information".
Wow, I am glad you had such a romantic day! He was very thoughtful!!My husband is great in that way too!
ahhhhh...thank you.
aawwww...so SWEET!
Oh I love my man for watching the same movie that night too and without complaint!! That is cute that we both watched it:) WOW, so romantic and an at home date! I love at home dates!
I wish my man would do dance lessons, I love to dance! I will have to mention this story to him! I wanted to sigh when you described you guys dancing to music in your dining room!
What a special evening you had with your hubby! You both get brownie points for that night.
My hubby dressed up for me and took me to a special restaurant. The dressing up was the true gift, though. He has to wear a suit and tie everyday to work so he hates to do it on weekends. When he does, it's truly a selfless gift to me! My gift to him? I cleaned our bedroom. It had really needed it and his love language is "actions." He said it was the best thing he could have come home to on Friday night. Oh, and a chocolate bar!
Yep... we're simple people - doesn't take much to thrill us! Ha!
My husband and I watched that movie a while back and we couldn't even hardly go to bed. We both cried and felt real emotional.He says he didn't like the movie...but me, I LOVED it. There were some scenes that I didn't approve of and I wished had been left out. But as far as a love story goes it couldn't be much sweeter. It does make you think of how God is always with us no matter what we go through.
He did a great job. I am sure you were very happy about the whole thing. He's a keeper.
Post a Comment