Saturday, July 19, 2008

Portraits of a Prairie Storm

Overcome - David Nevue
Prairie Guy and I were planning on having a movie date last night after the kids were in bed. Instead, we ended up seated in front of the dining room window with a bowl of popcorn (and the kids...) watching the heavenly big screen. It was truly deserving of the adjective AWESOME.


It was late. And dark. VERY dark.
Lightning in the distance.

Sheet lightening moving over the prairies.

"He tore open the sky and came down with dark clouds under His feet.""He raced on the wings of the wind"
"He made darkness His shelter, surrounded by fog and clouds"
"Out of the brightness of His presence came flashes of lightning"
"The Lord Almighty thundered from heaven"
"the Most High raised his voice."
"He shot his arrows and scattered his enemies"
"His bolts of lightning confused them with fear"
"The Lord spoke strongly. The wind blew from His nose"
"Then the valleys appeared and the foundations of the earth were seen"
Even Darkness is light to Him.
Excerpts from 2 Samuel 22:10-16

11 comments:

Chris said...

I tried with my camera, but alas, my lack of expertise failed to produce anything... I am to be in better shape by the next one. DH and I wandered to the end of the road and watched the show too. After he got antsy to leave, I plucked my eldest from his slumber and held him in my arms trying to show him God's amazing spectacle. Truthfully, he was not fully awake and completely bewildered at my actions... oops.

It was truly AWE-some. And He truly is. Amen.

Berry Girl said...

WOW. Amazing pictures - and verses. how fitting.
we watched the show on the way home from "date" night in the city (don't get too excited - it was just DQ and Walmart - lol) but it was spectacular.
So glad you captured it - and not just picture-wise.

Anonymous said...

Cool pics, we had a gooder here too. Did it hail down there? Was at Jeanette for the day, and it hailed enough to produce small "drifts" in the ditches alongside the roadways...!
Gives new meaning to "I will praise you in this storm"!:)

NanaNor's said...

Wow, what amazing shots-you have such a good eye but we have an Incredible Creator to thank for the storms. My poor dogs freak when the thunder starts but I love the lightening shows.
Blessings.
Noreen

Tricia said...

That is awesome, I just love how you put scripture to your pictures...

Have a blessed weekend!

Nadine said...

I came by because of Dawn Writes.

Hi, I love those pictures of the lightening. You must have a really great camera. What great shots. I enjoyed the words with your pictures. Truly awesome.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Very neat!

Jenni said...

Completely amazing!

Joy said...

Great shots! IF you don't mind me asking what kind of camera do you have? It is awesome!
Joy

Unknown said...

Joy, my camera is a Canon power shot digital S3 IS. It's a 6.0 mega pixel with 12x optical zoom. Nothing fancy really but I think it is a realy quality camera for it's price. We went middle of the line because we have a very good Pentax 35 mill with multiple lenses and mega zoom and thought we would still use that most of the time. NOT!

Dawn said...

Your post is truly amazing. And, your pics truly do justice to the awesome show you watched! Love the Scripture you used with it.

WHO could say there is no God when they can see His marvelous displays like this???

Blessings!