
I ask, because I can't believe how excited I got when I stumbled across this the other day. Yes, I am task oriented to the point of distraction... so much so that I find the sight of a freshly sharpened pencil, and the smell of a clean sheet of paper slightly euphoric. So much so that I have been known to schedule spontaneous play with my kids (I kid you not). So much so that I *enjoy* recording my caloric intake on fitday.com .
I just love the whole process of thinking up a plan, writing down a plan, completing a plan and checking off everything on the plan. I'm anal. I know. And yes I am the kind of person who has been known to add things to my list after the fact for the mere satisfaction of crossing it off. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna love setting up a new menu plan. How bout you? List person or fly by the seat of your pants?
16 comments:
I am defineately a list person. If I don't have a list to be able to cross off, I feel confused! LOL I also keep track of my eating, points, and exercise by the minutes (20 minutes of movement=1 extra WW point). Have a blessed day my friend!
Starting today's to-dos,
Krista
Absolutely list person! I love writing list! Today is a major list day for me as well as this whole week because of rodeo!
joy
Sadly, you know too well what sort of list person I am. ("Brushing my teeth" is something even worthy of putting on my list some days.)
Worse, I can spend oodles amounts of time writing said lists and not actually ACCOMPLISHING anything other than that!
Such is my life. . .
I'll be the first to admit my laxiness. Lists seem to signal impending doom, unless it's a grocery list (which we all know gets left at home or lost along the errand run anyways) My DH leaves "honey-do" lists that mean I'm probably having too much fun as a SAHM again.
LOL stands for lay off lists, right? or lost on lists? or leave out lists? yeah. LOL
Oh and another thing..love the music that you put with your post! How did you do that at imeem...do you have to pay for every song?
thanks!
Joy
p.s. something about the song that just packs a punch for the post you know...LOL
I tend to learn (hard) to "fly by the seat of my pants" and in this I have seen our DHF do some really cool things!!!
I just have to be ready!
Have a good one girl!
I am a list maker but seldom a list doer. I love to make lists but I usually lose them before I get everything on the list completed. And then I too am lost and am forced to "wing it".
Absolutely a list person. Started in High-school and ended up in library school; because I loved organizing so much:) I too put things down on a list after the fact just so I can cross them off and prove how much I have done (lol)!
I would have to say that I am a little bit of both. I make list when I have a lot of things to get done, like packing for trip, or planning a cookout,or sunday school lesson, just to keep things organized. But I'm not so much of a list maker with things to be done around the house, I just do what needs doing. Maybe if I made a list for household things I would get more done:) I think I'll try it. Brandie
lololol - I almost choked when I read the "putting things on the list AFTER doing them just to be able to cross them off" part! I TOTALLY do that. Definitely a list person. probably why you and I are such fans of the Family Planner hey?
I LOVE lists! (I am a Martha personality, remember?) I even keep my really important lists! No, I'm not crazy - it just works for me. Lists that will be repeated, like holiday planning, Christmas card mailing lists, holiday baking lists, vacation packing lists. That way, I can just pull it out (off the computer), tweak where needed, and *voila!* a new list is ready for work and crossing off as I go.
I am a little of both. I like to make lists of things to be done around the house, groceries(yes I forget it 50% of the time), gifts for holidays etc... And yes I have added things to the list after they were done just to cross it off! I thought I was the only one. :-) But.. I do not like chore charts or any kind of chart that controls my free spirit. I would be totally stressed if my chart said I should be cleaning the toilets, not going to the park with my sweet kiddos. This has been an interesting question, definitely gives a little insight about everyone's different personalities.
I posted some pix I know you'll enjoy, come over!
I enjoyed reading all your idiosyncrasies and such regarding lists and laxness. I forgot to mention that while I am obsessed with lists and checkmarks, I fight to be more lax in going about things. fight to be lax. Does that sound like an oxymoron to anyone else or is it just me? :D
Welcome Core Foundations! Yes, we got to know each other through our lists didn't we now?? So glad to have you here!
Joy, if you want to imbed music from imeem just do a search for the song you are looking for and copy the imbed code from that song into your blog page (you need to add a new feature in the column or footnote, it's the add html feature). It doesn't cost anything! Hope that helps.
Off to post some winsome pics!
I love lists too. Organizing is a great joy for me. One of my favourite places to go shopping is Staples: rows upon rows of pens, paper, files and label makers! Oh how I love my label maker ;)
I'm totally agreeing with berrygirl, I too add to my list just to "see" the accomplishment! Maybe a little lame...hmmm. But i'm truly and definately a LIST LOVER!!!
Post a Comment