Thus today we arrived at day 3. Garland. The Vine and the Branches.
Scripture Readings
John 15:4-6 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
Romans 11:17-21 It is as if some of the branches from an olive tree have been broken off. You non-Jewish people are like the branch of a wild olive tree that has been joined to that first tree. You now share the strength and life of the first tree, the Jews. So do not brag about those branches that were broken off. If you brag, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you. You will say, "Branches were broken off so that I could be joined to their tree. That is true. But those branches were broken off because they did not believe, and you continue to be part of the tree only because you believe. Do not be proud, but be afraid. If God did not let the natural branches of that tree stay, then he will not let you stay if you don't believe. So you see that God is kind and also very strict. He punishes those who stop following him. But God is kind to you, if you continue following in his kindness. If you do not, you will be cut off from the tree. And if the Jews will believe in God again, he will accept them back. God is able to put them back where they were. It is not natural for a wild branch to be part of a good tree. And you who are not Jews are like a branch cut from a wild olive tree and joined to a good olive tree. But since those Jews are like a branch that grew from the good tree, surely they can be joined to their own tree again.
I am so thankful to know that I have been rescued from the burning pile and grafted into God's family. That I have been given the gift of life and life abundantly. That all of it stems from and is rooted in His love and grace and goodness. What a glorious gift is ours. May others come to understand and receive His gift of life and love that came down at Christmas.
2 comments:
Good scripture verses. God is good and He is also a justice God. I'm grateful for all that He does for me.
This is amazing Prairie Chic. I hope to do this next year not really enough time I guess this year. How did you come up with everything do you have a list or something that helps put everything together..the items? I really do like that cabinet too! What fun I am sure the children just love it!
Post a Comment