Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. Matthew 26:27, 28
After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes." In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. Luke 22:17 ,20
Do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:25
He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done." Matthew 26:42
Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?" John 18:11
Symbol; cup and grapes
Key Word, Cup
Action at key word; cupping sign with hands
Song; The Holly and the Ivy
7 comments:
Thank you for helping us to understand an Advent calendar better!
I got out for a few hours and made one, it's a bit frilly..ya'll see but I'm looking forward to sharing it with my family.
What a lovely post this morning. Thanks & have a wonderful day.
Great post! What a beautiful tree!
Thanks for sharing!
Joy
Very cool!
I just love what you are doing each day with the advent box and all the lessons you are doing with your family. It must take you alot of time to put it all together, but it is so worth it. Your tree and home looks just beautiful with all the Christmas decor. Your children will surely grow up with wonderful memories. Have a blessed day. Brandie
I am just eating up your advent ideas! I am going to do this in more detail next year... this year we are doing the faith gratitude journal (which my boys are absolutely loving!) your shared in one of your previous posts, as well as reading and talking about the Christmas story every evening.
Have a wonderful evening!
Blessings!
Thank you ladies, we are enjoying our evening readings by candle and christmas light, it is a beautiful way to end these December days. I am glad that you are enjoying the little glimpse into our home celebration.
Post a Comment