Light of the World. 
John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

John 3:18-21; They are judged by this fact: The Light has come into the world, but they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things. All who do evil hate the light and will not come to the light, because it will show all the evil things they do. But those who follow the true way come to the light, and it shows that the things they do were done through God."

Later, Jesus talked to the people again, saying, "I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness but will have the light that gives life." John 8:12

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. Revelation 21:23-24
songs; One Small Child; Silent Night; Oh Little Town of Bethlehem;
John 1:1-5 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
John 3:18-21; They are judged by this fact: The Light has come into the world, but they did not want light. They wanted darkness, because they were doing evil things. All who do evil hate the light and will not come to the light, because it will show all the evil things they do. But those who follow the true way come to the light, and it shows that the things they do were done through God."
Later, Jesus talked to the people again, saying, "I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in darkness but will have the light that gives life." John 8:12

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. Revelation 21:23-24
songs; One Small Child; Silent Night; Oh Little Town of Bethlehem;
10 comments:
I am enjoying your posts very much. I look forward to each new day on your Advent Box.
I am really enjoying this too! Your lights and tree are beautiful I just love big Christmas trees! Thanks for sharing this with me. I look forward to tomorrow. Wow the beauty of light..think of how dark the world would be if we had no light. Then I think how dark the world is because so many have not the "True Light" in their lives and what a very sad thing. I can't imagine Christmas time without Christ in my heart. Just makes my burden stronger for the lost ppl in the world. Thanks for this post today!
Joy
Thanks for pointing me to that "ordinary things for Advent" post... that's really cool. I found an already published devotional about the Colors of Christmas that we're doing each day... it's going very well... the boys are excited about the different things we're doing this year. Can't wait to hang out this afternoon.
great post! I love the photo's you posted with this!
Thanks for sharing your devotions with me!
Lovely, the post and the tree!
I love Him being the light, may He illuminate us and shine through us always!!!
I love these posts. I have such a sense this year of a longing to step into a quiet place and focus on the Savior. I know we all try to do that every year, but this year I just sense a slowing down, a quietness settling over so many of us who share our hearts and lives in this "bloggy place". I feel such a sense of peace and joy.
Thank you so much for sharing your advent celebration and for the devotional readings. They draw me closer to Him.
What beautiful post! Thank you for sharing with each of us.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
I am so thankful that He is my Light. Thank you for sharing your days of Advent with us.
And your Christmas decorations are beautiful!
Absolutely gorgeous! I am thinking of making notes of how you do advent and implementing it with my kids next year. I just love how you incorporate the decorating with the scriptures, it makes everything so meaningful! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!
Blessings!
Post a Comment