MacArthur went on to explain why this curse was actually part and parcel of what played into the hand of the virgin birth (which was also neccessary for Jesus to retain His dual Godhood and manhood but we won't go there for now.) Basically the premise was that heredity is passed down through the male's biological lineage, and the curse against a King of Judah was also passed down through patriarchal biological lineage. Since Jesus was the "adopted" son of Joseph, not biological, He fulfilled the prophecy of being from the royal line but did not obtain the curse that was passed down through biological heritage. The fact that His mother was also from the royal line of David made Him the only person who could ever again qualify for actual Kingship in Israel. Pretty fascinating stuff. Sheds a whole new light on the "stump" of Jesse. I also love this picture of the "other half" of this stump...
This is the the sawed off trunk from the above stump, now laying back in our apple orchard, dead as a doornail, and yet "sprouting shoots" last summer. Talk about an object lesson *grin*.
10 comments:
My son's name is Jesse and I was praying for him this morning. When I was done I got on blogger to have a look and I saw this post! AWESOME! How encouraging. I have written it down to put in his scrapbook that I am making for him. THankyou.
Blessings to you today!
Great post:) My folks named my youngest brother Jesse because of the that connection.
very nice... i love it when we discover and learn something new from the Bible!
interesting!!
I love your object lessons :)
Loved your post and the picture of the stump.
Blessings to you and yours this New Year.
Hugs....Noreen
great lesson, thanks for sharing...
Several years back hubbie and I took a trip to California - Muir Woods - to see the redwood trees. Interesting thing I learned there - the old tree may die, yet its deep, strong roots spread out and family trees grow from the old trees roots (they really call them that "family trees"). Love the object lesson and way you presented it spiritually here!! Thanks for stopping by my place today - I really needed your encouraging words. In Jesus!
I loved your comment Nancy, thanks so much for sharing that!!!
I find that so interesting! I just love how the more we study the Word and listen to it taught and expounded upon, the mysteries begin to unfold... just amazing! Thanks so much for sharing that!
Blessings!
Post a Comment