Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside....

The rebel in me is screaming and fighting against the daily post count I've set myself up for in the Advent Photo Diary series. It's fun and all, but it doesn't give me any time to do anything else here. I'm not ditching it. I'll upload stuff as we go here and there, maybe doing 2 or 3 days in one post or something, or just do a day here and there instead of an exhaustive diary. But today I feel like doing something else. Cause it's cold. And I'm feeling all warm. And I want to spread the warmth.


Now, bear in mind, when I say cold, I mean.... COLD.

We're talkin' 40 below with wind chill cold....

That's cold enough to bring the frost INSIDE our old storm windows....

and decorate the bathroom window with some natural lace
and make the handle of the storm window look like it belongs to the Ice Queen's Palace.

But have no fear cause baby it's warm inside.

Blanket and Book Warm

Fall Asleep on the Couch to the Sounds of A Christmas Carol Warm

Afternoon Nap Warm

Butter Tart Warm

Pop on over to the Pantry if you'd like the recipe

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. I thought it got cold here this week. It was 28. Ok, I'm spoiled. But just wait until good old summer time. I will be suffering triple digits!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

I'm thinking your in hibernation stage for sure!
Do the kids ever go stir crazy or is this just a normal part of their lives?

Don't feel like you have to advent for us break it up and share some more about what else is going on around those parts?

Warm Hugs sent your way!

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

those pictures of the kids are so sweet! I love it when it's cold outside and I can be thankful that my family is safe and cozy in our home!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Yah, I'm feeling the warmth! We are snug in our house too... planning on doing nothing till Monday so we can get over some colds...

Simply_Pam said...

I could whine about the weather but you might slap me.It's nuttin like you have.I will keep that in mind and be thankful for the sunnys days we have even in the winter !

Linda said...

Okay - I won't whine when the temperature DIPS below 60 degrees any more!!
The pictures are just perfect. You do such a great job.
I understand about all the posting. It's that time of year when we just need to draw close to family and to Him and slow things down a bit.

Berry Girl said...

I haven't moved outside of a one foot radius from the wood stove and my coffee cup - unless it's to make food for the hungry minions (I could quite happily sufvive on Christmas cookies and java - lol). Missed you in SS this morning - always love hearing your input. Hope you're getting better fast so we PARTAY on Tuesday. :D

Berry Girl said...

"survive", obviously

Isle Dance said...

What a delightful post. I'm going to buck up then, as our wind chill is ((not)) that low. Even though a tree fell on the house and scared me. And the perfectly powdery snow is falling amidst howling high winds. Because I'm warm inside, too!

Joy said...

Well I completely understand about not having time! I haven't posted in a week we have been busy trying to craft! I just love the song on your blog I have it on my computer! I have been singing it all weekend and what a nice treat to hear it on your blog! I am jealous of the cold and snow! WE just get dustings here nothing serious. Oh well right I am very happy to have dustings..better than nothing!
Have a wonderful week!
Joy

Katrina said...

Wow! Yah, that's COLD! It's only -23 here. Mind you, I'm not sure what it would be if we counted in wind chill. Great pictures of the moon again... I was so looking forward to the full moon this month in order to get some cool pictures like you but it's been completely cloudy here and now it's already waning so I'll try again next month. This was a really fun to read/see post... it's fun to do something different once in a while, eh? What wonderful warm and cold pictures.

Chelsea said...

We have the inside ice in Calgary too. Brrrr.

Dawn said...

You've been so good to post your Advent pictures, but deep down I've been missing your "regular" posts, like this one! So, if you miss a day or two, we won't mind!

Okay... not THAT is COLD! We start whining if there's an actual freeze. Our temps are in the 50's this morning. But, the wind is blowing and the temps are already falling - supposed to be freezing by noon. And we think it might kill us. You'd be laughing, I'm sure!

Be blessed!

Dawn said...

Oops... "now" THAT is COLD!!!

Leanne said...

I love hearing about you and yours in your regular post... to be honest I've kind of been missing it.
I can't believe it gets that cold there. It is in the 50's here today, but it did snow last week.
Have a great day and stay warm, it looks like you already are!!
Leanne

Anonymous said...

Great post! Here in north Texas it was high 70s yesterday and today the high will not reach 40. Go figure! :) At least it "feels" a little more like Christmas.

In The Masters Hands said...

Thats just way to cold for me. I am so thankful that I live down south, and while it does get below freezing around here some in rarely gets below zero, but you guyslook so cozy and warm, so let the cold winds blow right:) Have a great snuggly warm day!

Tricia said...

I am just glad it is not that cold here!

Anonymous said...

that COLD comment was directed at me, wasn't it.

*grin*

okay you win.

i am the SAME way with "have to" posts. i start getting rebellious. there's no better way to kill a writing mood than to tell myself i have to write. bah.

love ya.