Shall we gather at the river where bright angel feet have trod;
On the margin of the river, washing up its silver spray,
On the bosom of the river, where the Saviour-king we own,
Ere we reach the shining river, lay we every burden down;
At the smiling of the river, rippling with the Saviour's face,
Soon we'll reach the shining river, soon our pilgrimage will cease,
Yes, we'll gather at the river, the beautiful, the beautiful river --
Gather with the saints at the river
That flows by the throne of God.
11 comments:
Looks like it was a gorgeous day. That hymn is going to be stuck in my head tonight as I drift off to sleep - perfect!
Blessings!
That has always been one of my favorite hymns. Just beautful pictures, Thanksgiving is my second absolute favorite holiday,after Christmas, I think it gets over looked way to much. Anyhow You guys have a great day. Brandie
Looks like you had a great day the pictures are beautiful!
You always life my heart!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
What a wonderful afternoon. I never went to the river the whole time I lived out there... guess I missed out.
ahh beautiful, brings to mind another favorite sound...
lets go down to the river to pray,
studying about that good old way and who shall wear the glory crown, good Lord show me the way...
oh sisters lets go down, come on down, you wanna go down, yes sisters lets go down,
down to the river to pray...
where is this place, too pretty!
blessings on your day,
Sarah
For a few minutes I was back in the little country church we were part of when we lived in Upstate NY. The pictures, the hymn - all transported me back. How we miss singing those precious songs.
Thank you for sharing your lovely day.
Oh to gather at the river with the saints of God, what a day that will be!! Thanks for sharing... how I wish I lived at least driving distance to where you are so I could go and bask in that beautiful scenery! And I would stop by for a visit with the grandest Prairie Chick I know :)
Blessings!
Another pretty walk. I have to be content with walking by the ditch a few streets over. I love country walks.
what a beautiful hymn, and beautifully illuminated by your photos!
aargh...that is dear daughter Rose's moniker (above)...she's always messin with me settings when she's over!!
Anyway...the comment was mine! :o)
Post a Comment