Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Indian Summer

The past three weeks have been glorious indian summer. This week temperatures have dropped, the rain has begun to fall and it feels like true fall. Better get on the ball with posting my beautiful autumnal pictures before the snow flies!


"It is only here in large portions of Canada

that wonderous second wind,

the Indian summer,

attains its amplitude and heavenly perfection,

the temperatures; the sunny haze;

the mellow, rich delicate, almost flavoured air:

Enough to live -- enough to merely be."-

Walt Whitman, Diary in Canada

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing these photos and your glorious thoughts with us.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

what a wonderful place to live and raise your children!

Mac an Rothaich said...

We really do live in a wonderful country:)

Aimee said...

incredible! I have always wanted to visit Canada...

Tricia said...

That is just beautiful, wish I could go sit there for a while, take in the beauty, and just enjoy God's majesty! Thanks so much for sharing!

Blessings!

Unknown said...

door's always open Aimee.... and I mean that literally, hee.

Linda said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful fall colors. We're still wearing shorts and the a.c. is still humming away. It's nice to see a bit of autumn.

Krista said...

Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures!
Krista

Nadine said...

Lovely photos.

grammy said...

I think it would be great to be away from the crazyness of the city. Our town is small, but close to bigger cities. Always something going on somewhere. It is suppose to snow here this weekend. Crazy considering it was in the 70s today. I love it when you stop by to visit :0)