There was a chill in the air today, that wet wind of October after the rain. I actually dug out one of my warm wool sweaters and stayed in fleece pyjama pants for most of the day. Although my week has been very full, too full for my liking, I have still found solitary stolen moments to stop and breathe, and marvel. Not in nature itself. But in the fact that each moment, each sight, is a gift to me. Little pleasures and trinkets held out to me, beautifully wrapped in the most vibrant of colors and resolution unachievable by human accomplishment. I will take these over fancy chocolates and genetically engineered floral arrangements, oh yes Lord, I will take them, and I will cherish them for all they're worth. Priceless.
Corn going to seed
last ladybugs are almost as exciting to find as the first.
an enchanting tender asparagus shoot going to seed amongst the woody bracken
Each picture covers about 2 feet of height and I didn't even get the top.
Brilliant crimson crabs on stark trees who have laid their leaves to rest.
Naked now, but for their jewelry.
The flames of October sun setting the shop windows ablaze as I stepped into the chill of a wet fall evening after supper.
So tell me... what's *your* pleasure? Are you seeing His gifts? Are you enjoying them?
13 comments:
Oh, I love the words you used to describe all of these beautiful sights! What a feast for the eyes and the soul!
Pleasure is mine...looking at your pics! Gorgeous! You have a beautiful blog.
I have been neglectful in truly *seeing* His gifts...distracted and myopic. Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement!
Beautiful!! Your words are too, almost more so than the photographs. I don't know. Let's call it a tie.
"naked but for their jewelry" Scandalous! ;o)
Thanks for the reminder to truly SEE.
mmmmm...I think you're getting it :) The wonderfullness of Fall. My crabapple tree looks JUST like that but it kind of makes me feel apalled since only one person picked apples this year and it wasn't me (lol)
Really wonderful. I love the way you capture images.
beautiful...love these photos and the incongruity of life and death together
Some day you need to publish...your eye is good and your words right on.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Now you are a poet too! Love the red jewelry. I love to LOOK at things too. I always point out things to my grands, as I did to my own children. Today I was leaving Target with a one year old in the cart...running to the car. I had to stop and look at a bush with little red berries on it. No camera or time...I was late but I did look and show the baby and will go back for a picture. I havn't learned to carry my camera with me.
What a happy coincidence. We went for our walk this morning after listening to all the depressing economic news. As we walked I felt God whisper to my heart through the beauty all around me - the pretty wild flowers, the butterflies fluttering all over the place, the sweet little blue bird that settled down right by the side of the road. I felt a peace and a certainty that all would be well. A precious gift for the day.
Oh - I forgot to tell you. I followed your example, and when we got home I grabbed my camera and went to take a few pictures to post. Just to remember the gift and the message.
Lovely post... I have been feeling the same way lately. Just trying to really really look before it all is gone, fall that is... and then I will be doing the same thing when the beautiful snow and frost comes... I am particularly blessed to see what I can of beauty out my front window lately since I am busy nursing this big hungrey boy from my couch so often now!
I never knew what bracken was till now! Hmm, ya learn something everyday. Lovely blog!
This evening, my pleasure was watching my daughter and her friends roast marshmallows over the fire - the FIRST fire of fall for us!
Post a Comment