Prairie Guy and OM friend from Venezuela (P-Guy's on the right, handsome punk wasn't he? Well, not that he still isn't or anything...).
Here he is on the left this time, with another OM friend from Switzerland. They are so high up they can hardly breathe, I think they are actually leaning on each other for support to keep themselves upright...
Is this cool or is this cool?
Alpacas, up close and personal.
We went on to read about the Atacama Desert in the northern reaches of Chile. So dry in parts that there has never been any recorded rain fall... "oooh, wanna see????" =D
P-guy stayed in a small rural community (gives a whole new meaning to the term rural doesn't it? I'll take my rural wheat fields thank you very much). Here are some pics from his time there.
They might not have my prairie view, but they hang their laundry too.

And here's my pretty boy husband before I + 9 children (5 here/4 above) helped him acquire a more well, we'll call it "weathered" appearance. Which for the record I much prefer to his pretty boy days....
he took all these pictures by the way... he's not too shabby with a camera either.
Needless to say, history class was a big hit today with the kids.
But then, it always is.
4 comments:
very nice blog :)
Man, wish I had traveled more. Been to a few places. Guess I need to cheer up though, if the kids ever run across exciting places like the Kroger or the flea market in their studies, man have I got some stories! Love your family of blogs! Love the pics from the archive :)
oh mercy... that's a riot, Della! LOL! I'm sure they'll come up at some point ;D
Let's hope not, now that I think about it. Most of those stories entail the kids getting into some kind of trouble...
Post a Comment