"How innocent were these Trees, that in Mist-green May,
blown by a prospering breeze, Stood garlanded and gay;
Who now in sundown glow of serious colour clad
confront me with their show as though resigned and sad,
Trees, who unwhispering stand umber, bronze, gold;
Pavilioning the land for one grown tired and old;
Elm, chestnut, aspen and pine,
I am merged in you,
Who tell once more in tones of time,
Your foliaged farewell." Siegfried Sassoon, October Trees
15 comments:
Wish I could live an Indian Summer in Canada... Your pictures make me dream...
The clothesline photo is awesome!!
How incredibly beautiful your pics are. What a blessing to visit and see different scenery-I love your blog. Thanks for adding me to your friends/visitors list, I am humbled and touched. You have s special touch and the light of Jesus shines through your writings and your posts. Press on...
Blessings to you and yours.
Noreen
WHERE are you finding these fabulous poems? Just wonderful.
what great shots of the changes..I'm going after some of those pix next week on a "Lost Maples tree tour"...can't wait!
As all we have here are ceder tress that kill everyones allergyS!
I'm with berry girl, wanna find some good poetry books:) Also, love tree pics in fall and these are lovely. I really like the one of you little man snuggled up in the one tree, he looks so comfy!
Just beautiful, thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
I LOVE poetry.... I love words and the emotions they are capable of invoking... just gives me warm fuzzies. Poetry is a big part of our language studies around here, so I now have 3 books on the go on any given day (one for each of my three little students, at their levels). When a poem particularily moves me I copy it out and "label" it so that I can go back and find it easily. For instance this poem is labelled under Seasons, sub folder Autumn, Nature, sub folder Trees.
Y'all are gonna think (read KNOW) I'm totally wierd now....
just REALLY organized :)
Thank you again for sharing your beautiful photos and for giving me a small taste of the beauty of your land. And I love the poetry. Do you read lots of poetry books? You always have just the perfect one.
I'm sorry! If I had read the other comments I would have known the answer to my own question :-)
I am a copy cat I guess...but I have to say "Love the pics (especially loved the red) and the poem". Go over to my blog and see the simple one I added. Hey, I love kids and kids stuff. Thank goodness I can come over here and get some culture. lol Thanks for adding my name to your visitor list. How sweet.
Beautiful! What a blessing!
Krista
What gorgeous color you've got going on!! And I'm a kindred poetry-lover *sigh* I so enjoy the poetry you find.
#3 should be a greeting card front.
Lovely photos. And lovely words to compliment them. Now if you could only find a way to link "smell-o-blogging" so everyone could enjoy the spicy autumn smells. :o)
Post a Comment