Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Tags.

graphic design courtesy of Billy Alexander.

And by that I mean I was tagged with a Christmas meme.

Wrapping paper or gift bags? brown paper packages tied up with string

Real tree or Artificial? artificial, I'm too cheap to buy year after year and love nature too much to chop 'em down from their native bower.

When do you put up the tree? TODAY =) closest saturday to the start of Dec.

When do you take the tree down? First saturday of January

Do you like eggnog? enough to drink about half a cup once a year.

Favorite gift received as a child? walkman and Amy Grant cd

Hardest person to buy for? P-guy

Easiest person to buy for? My kids, they are so easy to please.

Do you have a nativity scene? YES. We are starting to collect Willow Tree, a few pieces a year, to replace our old one which is missing quite a few ears and hands, and whatnot from all the love....

Mail or email Christmas cards? hand deliver.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hmmm, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life.

When do you start shopping for Christmas? when I feel like it.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yeah, it's a Canadian tradition... we are all about recycling. =)

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? butter tarts?

Lights on the tree? oh yeah. white ones. lots and lots of white ones.

Favorite Christmas song? Oh come, oh come Emmanuel

Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home... definitely

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think so...

Angel on the tree top or a star? star. P-Guy has this "theological issue" with victorian angels, and I do see his point....

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve, all dressed up and home from church.

Most annoying thing about this time of the year? consumerism

Favorite ornament theme or color? stars, angels, white lights, gold ornaments accented by reds and greens.

Favorite for Christmas dinner? rack of lamb.

What do you want for Christmas this year? a houseful of thankful and rejoicing hearts, and not over material gifts.

I was tagged for this by my friend Becky whose blog is private. Thanks Beck, I'm looking forward to starting to share snippets of our "Home for the Holidays" traditions starting next week.

13 comments:

Isle Dance said...

What a beautiful sight to behold, simple joy.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

hey I like those question..gonna end up lifting it..and we share allot of the same answers..who knew ;0D

In The Masters Hands said...

What wonderful things to love about Christmas. I can hardly wait to get my home all spruced up for it, I just love the excitment about this day, but like you I dislike all the consumerism. I rather enjoy the simple things about Christmas, the music, the giving of simple gifts of love, the celebration, and the gathering of families, all for the joyous occasion of rejoicing over Christ Jesus's birth.

Dawn said...

I'm tellin' ya... if you lived up the road, I think I'd like to hang out with ya!

Blessings!

Simply_Pam said...

What goes around comes around.. I was tagged by Dawn and will post my answers tomorrow... Bet you want to know if mother and daughter think alike.. "NOT Sense she hit 13'! lol..

Mac an Rothaich said...

I have to say this was a fun question tag cuz who doesn't like to think about the simple things at x-mas. I love how you wrap your gifts. Where do you buy the paper and string?

Tricia said...

This looks like fun, maybe I will do it in a few posts...

and once again, we have a lot of the same answers!

Linda said...

Oh yes - "It's A Wonderful Life". Everyone else leaves the room, but I dearly love that movie.

grammy said...

So fun to read about your Christmas 'stuff'. One year when my kids were little we used brown paper bags and decorated them with paint and whatever fun stuff...they loved it and it kept then busy for awhile.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful things about Christmas! Loved reading your answers.

Nadine said...

I also love "It's a Wonderful Life" and lots of white lights on the tree.

Unknown said...

Hey Becky, the red neck truth is that I do use butcher paper and binder twine to wrap some gifts!!! I just like the simple plain packaging mixed in with all the other colors and frills. Now doing them ALL like that would be dull, but doing 1/5th of them like that is just... dare I say, classy? I am so excited about the start of advent!!

Anonymous said...

This was really fun to read! Maybe, at least partly, because almost all of my answers would have been the same as yours. :-)

Susan