Weekly Essentials.
I have tried to conquer the weekly chores in a variety of ways, I think flexibility is neccessary with a growing family and changing lifestyles. I am smack dab in the midst of tweaking this set up, but I will share the way I tackled weekly essentials until now. First off, make a list of things that need to be accomplished on a weekly basis and assign them a day of the week. My main list is as follows.
Monday-Mudroom (This is an unheated/uninsulated sun porch off the front of our house and therefore part but not part of the house and doesn't get covered in regular daily housework. My dream is to have this room properly shelved and benched with creative storage ideas but for now it's a hodge podge MESS 95% of the time)
Tuesday-KiTchen,-this involves one shelf of the fridge each week, deep cleaning one section of the stove (dials, range, oven, front/side) per week of the month, spray down and wipe cupboard doors, take care of recycling)
Wednesday-Windows (spotclean)
Thursday- FeaTHer duster
Friday-Floors (vaccumed and washed, they get swept/swiffered on a need be basis)
Splitting my weekly essentials up into daily chores means they take only a 10-15 minutes per day. Also, whenever possible I get my kids involved in helping out with these chores. Especially dusting in low places, and windexing/polishing lower surfaces. They are also the official furniture washers (we have cream colored leather furniture, what was I thinking...)
stay tuned for more on how I tackle individual room rescues/deep cleaning/ and organizational projects.
6 comments:
your a very busy gal..and I understand better now how you get it all done..very organized a great attribute to us sahm still finding our way!
i have a mudroom too....sigh.
how about we both just ignore those aptly named rooms and maybe they will go away?
please?
(love the mnemonic approach.)
All this posting about work is making me tired...and hungry! I think I'll grant myself another break and have a snack! Thanks for all the great advice the last couple posts and truly thank you for the award! It humbles me that my little mundane life condensed into blog format would help,encourage, or liven up someone else's life. Know that you are well appreciated for all you do in our little blog community as well! Della
Prairie Posse - love it.
love this too - it was great to write out what things NEED to be done daily so I have a concrete idea of how I need to spend my time.
thanks. this is helping.
Great Post I love seeing how you spilt up chores. I too have a schedule but not like that I love yours. Thanks for the insight to your daily life and ideas to help me in mine!
Love the new comments and Prairie Posse!
Joy
I too make lists, lots and lots of lists. They keep me sane, they encourage me, they help me feel like I have gotten something done.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
Post a Comment