Saturday, November 8, 2008

Searching

for brain cells. Anybody got a few to spare? I fear I have temporarily misplaced mine, or burned them out completely from overextension last week. I hereby announce that my brain has closed up shop and officially entered a sabbath rest. If you are like Prairie Guy you will now heave a sigh of relief and break into a dreamy smile at this prospect. If not, don't worry, give me a week or so and I'm sure I'll have some new thought to throw on the table. Or a day. You never know with me. But I'm feeling *mighty* empty in the upper regions right now and I have to admit.... it feels good. In moments like these I *truly* fit the bill for the old adage about "hitting your head up against the wall repeatedly because it feels so good when you stop."

*Sigh* (of contentment). Couch. No brain cells required read. Double mug of Latte. M&M's. Here. I. Come. Still in my pyjamas at that. Life is good.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

When you find your brain cells, let me know if mine are there, too. After our Friday and Saturday, I'll need Sabbath Sunday AND Monday to recover!

Enjoy your couch time... it sounds wonderful!

Blessings! (And double upon your husband for realizing that you NEED that time!)

Linda said...

I think there is some sort of sinister fog making its way over the North American continent. I feel the same way myself and have read a couple of other posts today complaining of the same symptoms.
At least you put something on your blog. I haven't a clue.
Your prescription sounds perfect to me.
Have a blessed weekend.

Mac an Rothaich said...

Glad to hear I am not alone... spent the last two days in bed... catching up on rest and trying to fight off a flu coming my way... I think I have just been doing to much and didn't realise it... Thankfully my man is helping me take a break too! Hope you all get the break you need... I wish I had m&ms!

Berry Girl said...

mmmmm - sounds like my kind of break :) You're STILL in pyjammas? (lol) I hope you didn't just write this this evening ;) To be honest, I haven't actually changed out of the tank top I wore to bed last night...pretty lazy around here today too. Gonna curl up by the woodstove now and read a bit too.

Berry Girl said...

that is, right after I do some "cyber" gloating on the BC Lions smackdown over the Riders :)

Unknown said...

>>that is, right after I do some "cyber" gloating on the BC Lions smackdown over the Riders :)<<

TRAITOR! *wink* I am totally non-partisan so you're safe with me.

Unknown said...

oh and I did get dressed this afternoon at some point. Kind of hard to do barn chores in one's pj's.

Linda said...

chuckle chuckle!! No brain cells required for rest! Enjoy your restful SundaY!!! gear up for Monday!!

grammy said...

I think you just need some time off from all that heavy thinking. Just relax and post some fun pictures. (O:

Unknown said...

>>I think you just need some time off from all that heavy thinking. Just relax and post some fun pictures. <<

I think you're right and this is just what the doctor ordered...fun pictures are on the way.

Della said...

I'm just jealous that after having children you actually had brain cells to misplace! You're so lucky!

DayPhoto said...

Weird! I reached the same point this Friday. Just the thought of Thanksgiving and all the cooking and cleaning and people made me cry. So much so my husband asked if I would like a little traveling holiday starting Friday after Thanksgiving. I said yes. It helped A LOT!

Work plus life just got to me.

I understand.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Chris said...

yeah... I've had a brainfart for a week and a half... sorry about the lack of posts. i've also been unable to finish a single book lately. So not like me! Some day we'll get the inspiration and motivation back, but it won't be tonight.