Friday, November 21, 2008

From Our House To Yours...


In ancticipation of the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (some would say that should be Easter, but we wouldn't have Easter without Christmas, so doesn't it go without saying?)

Our christmas playlists (christian, secular, instrumental) can be found here and here and here for your personal listening pleasure.

So tell me.... what is some of your favourite christmas music? Favourite song? My all time favourite Christmas songs are "Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel", "Carol of the Bells"; O Holy Night, Breath of Heaven, This Baby (made the angels sing), and Mary Did You Know. But I love so many more, those are just my favourite favourites =)

And for the record, the secular list has christian and secular songs in it, just performed by secular artists, if that makes sense. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! We sure are.

21 comments:

Berry Girl said...

mmmm....I love the month of Christmas.
Favorite songs? Little Drummer Boy by 4Him, River by Sarah McLachlan, Song for a Winter's Night by same, the entire Michael W Smith Christmas CD (the old one)...to name a few...

Berry Girl said...

I was going to say, Celine Dion's "God Bless Us Everyone" because I really like it, but I was just thinking it over and it says "the good and the bad" - so we're asking God to bless the bad people? Now I have a theological issue (crap)

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Any song about HIM and not the "fat jolly guy" is music to my ears!
We listen to lots of this music to and from..while driving and then at times this momma cranks up the bose system and rattles the windows in the neighborhood. (mind you my closest neighbor is up the hill. tee hee
Love that ornament..gave me a great idea..

Dawn said...

Oh, Holy Night and
Christmas Canon by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra are my favorites. But, any Christmas song coming from Martina McBride will work, too!

Blessings!

Mac an Rothaich said...

I am having trouble remembering my fav songs actual title... I think it is 'Oh Holy Night' cuz it has a chorus where you can really let loose and belt it out:)

For sentimental reasons and because it is pretty I will always love 'What Child Is This', first song I ever perfomed in public.

Michael Card's 'THE PROMISE' has to be mentioned as a fav of mine cuz since I was a child my fam has made me perform it over and over.

Della said...

Hands down, no convincing me otherwise...O Holy Night. I love when the music changes from quiet and soft to victorious and I love the Chorus. I luv Christmas and am going to put up my tree as soon as the turkey carcasses are on their way to wherever Thanksgiving turkeys go after they've been eaten!

In The Masters Hands said...

Favorite Christmas songs, now thats a hard question to answer for me cause I love 'em all, But if i have to narrow it down it would be "Mary Did you Know, What Child is This, and El Shaddi" may ahve misspelled that last one, but anywho these are the ones i like best, Have a great weekend, Brandie

Chris said...

Uh-oh. I'm in trouble now... my hands-down first play of the season is always played on the first snow of the year, as well as whenever I get nostalgic... it's... Bony M. (SORRY) Mary's Boy Child will always be a classic to me. I may not have class, but I have great memories. Can't wait to hear your playlists... thanks for putting them out here for us

Joy said...

I just love Christmas and can't wait to get our tree and decorations up as soon as Thanksgiving is over.
My favorite would have to be "O beautiful star of bethlehem","What Child is this",O Holy Night, Joy to the World, and many more I just love them all!
Joy

Anonymous said...

I love the music of Handel's Messiah; other all-time classic favorites are O Come Emmanuel and Oh Holy Night. I'm excited about the new Jars of Clay Christmas album, this year, though, so after I listen I might have new favorites. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but I really haven't started listening yet. I might sneak a little listen to a fave here or there, but I don't completely turn over to Christmas until after Thanksgiving. But now this post is making me kind of excited, and coupled with the suddenly cold weather here, I might have to change that plan. :)

Linda said...

I love everythng about Christmas. It is so special, I think, because of the incredible gift we were given. I imagine Jesus, before there was one bit of creation, choosing to come and die for us - knowing it would be necessary. What amazing love.
I listen to a chritian radio station, BBN, which plays Christmas music all the time during the month of December. Wonderful music. I can hardly keep from falling on my face when I listen to "The Messiah". "Unto us a Son is given...." What grace.

Unknown said...

for some reason I thought American thanksgiving was the third thursday of November.... woops... ah well... us Canadians get a jump on Christmas =)

Chris, your safe. I don't even know who that is (should I be embarassed about *that*?)

Nadine said...

My favorite Christmas song - is "O Holy Night". It gets me every time.

Tricia said...

I just love Christmas music, thanks for sharing your playlists with us, I can't wait to listen to them!

Some of my favorites are "The Blessing Song" by Dennis Jernigan, I really love his whole Christmas CD, and I like Brooklyn Tabernacle's Christmas CD, as well as the Carpenter's, but one of my favorites is "Mary Did You Know," a lady sang that in church today and it was so very worshipful...

Blessings!

Jennifer said...

I love all the music from the Charlie Brown and Snoopy Christmas special. I'm a kid at hear you know. My all time favorite hymn is Silent Night. My little sister and I would sing it in two part harmony in church every Christmas eve.

grammy said...

I think 'Mary did you know' would be one. I am so glad you could picture the grandma shoes I was talking about. (o: Love your blog and all the work and thought you put into it. Squeeze your family and have a great week.

DayPhoto said...

I love your ornament, what a great idea. Away in the Manger in my favorite. It was my favorite even as a little girl, when I was old enough to understand the words. Even today it stands as number one.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Heidi said...

My absolute favorite Christmas song is O, Holy Night. I had my dh burn me a CD with every rendition of that song on all my Christmas CDs. :) My favorite Christmas CD is the Classical Kids Christmas. Love, love, love it!

Amy K. Sorrells said...

Amazing post. I love your blog and just gave you a blog award. Thanks for your inspiration and heart!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Christmas music is my favorite thing about the season. I'd have to go with O Holy Night as my number 1.
Side note - I read your comment at "OneThing" about your babies awaiting you in heaven and it brought tears to my eyes. Beautifully said.

Anonymous said...

O Holy Night is wonderful. Although like you, I have so many favourites it's hard to choose :)
I too am starting to get excited about Christmas !