Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Spice Muffins



I have been experimenting with pumpkin recipes for the past month, looking for an "October Keeper". I like to have a special something to go with certain months, and October just works out to be pumpkin month.... FINALLY I found a special October treat that does the trick and that we all enjoy.

2 C all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t ginger
1/4 t allspice
2 C sugar

4 eggs
2 C pumpkin puree
1 C vegetable oil
1 1/2 C Raisin Bran (or other bran cereal, or just plain Bran flakes)
2 C chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, sift dry ingredients together, beat eggs and mix with pumpkin and oil, add cereal. Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and stir until combined, add chocolate chips. Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake for app 15 min's.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I love anything pumpkin. And, I have all the ingredients. I'll give this a try this week! Thanks!!!

DayPhoto said...

This IS a keeper! It is also going to be one of my christmas presents for those to whom I give baked goods.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Skeller said...

Yummmm. Thanks for letting me know about your recipe. I'll have to give it a try with my pumpkin not-so-puree ;-)