
Creative Writing Assignment (before edit) from Prairie Poppet aged 6. Find a picture and recount a story associated with the picture. The quotation marks, punctuation, capitals and spelling are all precisely the way she wrote it, I replaced their names with their blog handles. I. Love. It. She learned about quotation marks this week =) This picture was taken 2 years ago (before my digital!)on a trip out west and it is PRECISELY the way the conversation went, LOL!
Wunts apon a time thar wer three children hoo went in thr van and thay saw mawnten gotss the kids nams wer (Prairie Boy), (Prairie Poppet) and (Prairie Girl)
thar wer six mawnen gots
(Prairie Boy) said. "can we Bring one home"?
(Prairie Poppet) and (Prairie Girl) said "haw will we Brig wun home? (Prairie Boy) said "we cuid cach wun with a caich" mom and dad said "haw will we get a caich?
(Prairie Boy) said "I dont now."
(Prairie Boy) is for (Prairie Poppet) is six (Prairie Girl) is ait Thu End
5 comments:
That's great! I wish we could spell all words like they sound! It would make my job a whole lot easier!
I love it, but I'm still confused... what's a caich?
yeah that tripped me up too.... a "cage". grammatically incorrect but no fault to her, as that is precisely how he said it =)
of course! It all makes sense now!
I LOVE the way they spell in these early years :) So so cute.
Post a Comment