Friday, March 27, 2009

Blessed

It’s my birthday and I’ve many reasons to smile. Taking just a few moments to share a couple.

My husband is home and alive and I love him.

My kids are a joy and a blessing and they enrich me.

My friends are amazing and loving and bless me with the gift of their friendship.

You, my friends are a blessing. The quick moments we share dropping in momentarily on one another in the midst of our everyday lives bless me and encourage me in this journey of life.

A sweet package from Mildred that touched me so deeply it made me smile AND cry. (I’ll be sharing this MUCH more here in the future!)

IMG_4050

touches of spring decor that keep the hope alive

IMG_4058 IMG_4053

sweet, sweet neighbors who make my day

IMG_4056

2 nights and three days away with a good friend for rest, relaxation and SCRAPBOOKING.

It’s the start of another wonderful year, whatever may come. For God is good ALL the time. Thank you for being a very special part of my life.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Wish I could join you for that scrapbooking weekend. . .

Always a Southern Girl said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish you a blessed year to come.

Katrina said...

Oh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! my sweet friend. You truly are blessed. So glad you can get away for some R&R and Scrapbooking! What a delight! I would love to see some of those pages sometime... :o)

NanaNor's said...

Happy Birthday my friend, I pray the Lord's richest blessings on you today and the coming year. My birthday is Sunday, 29th, and you are a treasure that God has blessed me with and many others.
Hugs,
Noreen

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet One!

enJOY every minute of it and let that joy build up and spill over into tomorrow and tomorrow and . . .

May God bless you! : D

Dawn said...

Happy, happy birthday my friend! Wishing you much joy, contentment and blessings this year and many more to come.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend away and that the scrapping is very productive. I think your Monday post should be pictures of all that you accomplished!

Love and blessings!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday and a lovely weekend getaway. God has richly blessed me with getting to know you through your blog, sweet friend. All our best to you in the coming year.

K-Sue said...

Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful time being scraphappy.

Leanne said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & I AGREE, WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME OF THOSE PAGES!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!! LEANNE

grammy said...

HAPPY happy happy Birthday!!! {{{hugs}}}} That scrap booking retreat sounds wonderful. I have been going to ask you where do you order your prints from? Have a wonderful time.

Amy Ellen said...

I hope you have a fantastic birthday. Thanks again for the chocolate. Savoring each and every one. Still have 5 hahahahhaha WILLPOWER ; )

Hugs
Amy

The McMurrays said...

You bless my socks off weekly, my friend. Happy birthday - have a FABULOUS time!!
Love, Savannah

Della said...

Happy Birthday, Prairie Chick!

Chris said...

arrrrgggghhhh. screwed up again. talked to you a scant hour ago and didn't realize it was YOUR day today as I blathered on about Kyle's this coming week. ((hitting head)) I'll be praying for you this weekend... for the abounding love that overflows while scrapbooking pictures of your own children... for good sleep and great conversations, for safety and fun at home while Mom's away and for your dear sweet heart. Love you.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday Prairie Chick! You are such a blessing to me, I am so glad to have found your friendship through this wonderful world of blogging!!

Have a wonderful getaway scrapbooking! I am a bit jealous over that :)

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy, wonderFUL, blessed birthday! In Jesus, Nancy

Alleluiabelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Prairie Chick! You are a blessing to every one! I am so very blessed to have found your site and to read about your love for the Lord, your life, your family and so much more. You are an inspiration and encouragement to me in all you are and do. I feel so enriched after coming here to visit. May God give you the happiest Birthday ever and may He continue to abundantly bless you in all ways. (I would love to see your scrapbooking as well).

Blessings & Hugs,
Alleluiabelle

hannahwiitala said...

Happy Birthday sister. I'm really bad at keeping up with these things. Love you and hope that you have a wonderful day and year! <3

Mac an Rothaich said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Got your post... a real visit would be good:) We will have to work something out... I am always open for pop ins. HOPE YOU HAVE LOTS MORE SIGNS OF SPRING OUT YOUR WAY SOON!

Linda said...

Oh, I'm so glad I had the time to visit this evening (we just took my Dad home from the hospital).
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Such beautiful pictures and music. I pray this day is filled with love and special blessings sweet girl.
Have a wonderful time on your retreat - get all relaxed and refreshed!

kelli said...

Happy, happy birthday! May you enjoy the delight of being you!!

Enjoy your time of creating:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Birthday Girl!

May our Lord shower you with many blessings this year!

~Sarah

Melanie said...

Happy, happy belated birthday to you! I didn't know it was your birthday before coming here, but I've got an award for you on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chick! Felicitaciones! I'm hoping you'll keep a "raincheck invitation" open for me when the next girly weekend comes up again! Sure could use your company this weekend. Maybe I'll just plan to bring my "tickle-trunk" of stuff along next visit, and we'll have us a Day?! LYB, and blessings to you dear sister!

Pear tree cottage! said...

Wishing you a joyful birthday from here in Australia. It is so lovely that you think only of others on this your birthday and that they are what make you a "whole"

I wish you all the pleasures of life always and the blessings that come from being the soul that you are.

Now go outside and take that deep breathe of your spring air as I enjoy our autumn's (falls) crispness here.

Lee-ann

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Happy Birthday! The title of your blog post is "Blessed," But YOU are also a blessing. ... Blessed, to be a blessing.

You're a dear soul.

Heidi said...

I know I'm late on wishing you a happy birthday, but I wanted to say that I hope you had a *lovely* day. I'm so happy to hear that you were able to get away for some quiet time. What a treat! Thinking of you...

DayPhoto said...

Happy Birthday! Happy, Happy DAY!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Alleluiabelle said...

Hi Prairie Chick,

Check out my March 30 posting at my site. I have an award for you.

Hugs & Blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! May the Lord bless you and keep you; may the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Robin said...

P.C. As I read through the comments tears filled my eyes. You have 31 friends on here singing happy birthday and that does not include all of the friends you have around you at home and in the city.

I pray you will be kissed by the Prairie Sun this week as it melts all of our snow! Love to you...

Robin

P.S your posts make me smile.

Unknown said...

You all are TOO sweet. You've tickled me pink with all your love. THANK YOU!!!

Eszti said...

Happy and blessed birthday, Prairie Chick! Thank you for sharing YOU with us- it is inspiring in many ways. I've just dropped by to say hi and to send you warm hugs and a BIG SWEEEET virtual BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH SOME NICE DECO... :)

Anyway, thanks for being here for us. :) May God bless your life and guide your soul on His narrow path...

(I've just recognized, that we are only 5 days apart regarding of birthdays- I had mine on the 22nd.)