Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prologue to Love

I love how this little stanza brings grace to life. The grace that should flow through our daily interactions and the grace that reaches out and draws us in and loves us beyond the grave. I love that it refers to this life as a prologue to love and how that ties in with my own picture of earthly existence. A prologue to eternity.

We do not even know ourselves

Therefore, why should we judge a neighbor?

No one knows what makes a man,

and only God knows his thoughts,

his joys

his bitternesses,

his agony,

the injustices committed against him

and the injustices he commits.

All lives, whether good or in error,

painful or happy

are only a prologue

to love beyond the grave,

where all is understood

and (for those who believe) .

all is forgiven.

Seneca

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this. A friend whose 4yo daughter has had cancer since she was born passed away today. How comforting that there is love beyond the grave!!

grammy said...

Beautiful words and pitures...again.

Anonymous said...

Such an insightful and inspirational post. His grace is always sufficient enough for me and to think about the awesomeness of who He truly is, always, always blows me away. :o

Peace and blessings to you and your family,

Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

sigh....

DayPhoto said...

I needed this. Thank you very humbly!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

You have a remarkable way of tying in your words with just the RIGHT photo. Thank you for this.

Mac an Rothaich said...

With a heavy heart I think about how hard we can be on others when we don't know their story. The Lord is able to be full of grace to the supposed 'bad' and 'lost' and HE KNOWS their story through and through. I love him for loving me inspite of whole story!

Lauren said...

Oh, I do always love the way you put the words and pictures together. Beautiful!

Andrea said...

Amazing. "Too wonderful for me to understand." It goes well with Psalm 139 which I am reading and meditating on lately.

Anonymous said...

Once again...

Wow. Powerful.

Thank you for this,
Susan

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Stunning blend of poetry and life. This quote catches me by the heart every time I run across it. Your photos add your special touch and I know more about you . . . and I like that. Your heart beats so deeply and your thoughts follow. We meet in that pondering place and know we are not alone.

I'm so glad I danced over here once upon a time to find out just what a "Prairie Chick" would have to say to a "Woodland Fairie" like me -- I found out . . . and it is wonderful!

Love coming to your prairie for a pause. : D

"Happy Spring!" she calls as she JOYfully dances into the gardens (despite the prediction of snow for the weekend).

Unknown said...

Becky, this is totally what I feel when reading this. I can be so lacking understanding and mercy towards others.

Dearest Debbie, you just melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. You have truly grasped the essence of who He has made me to be, and this chrysalis of intensity that is my cloak while I stretch my way through this earthly existence, longing for the day that I will break free and fly.

I have found a deep unspoken bond with you in our few short emails back and forth, and you bless my heart more than I can express. You make me feel "acceptable". Less of a freak of personality and like I was created to be this way, and it is good and well. I need to know that. I don't often believe that. I so often feel like I am forever fighting to be different.

I know I need to grow in grace, and love, and joy, indeed in all the fruit, but that doesn't mean I need to despise the deep beat that He has set in motion within.

Thank you dear Debbie. He has ministered to me through you and I am blessed.

Tricia said...

That is beautiful!

Blessings!

kelli said...

Just got your comment over at my "look-alike" blog:) I first saw your profile, and "Allison Krauss" and "The Weepies" jumped out at me...also 2 of my favorites!

I haven't had time to spend time here yet, but I can tell I will feel right at home here.

And, I agree...it seems strange that we haven't yet crossed paths...guess today is the day:)

I look forward to stopping by here again soon!

Anonymous said...

I came back to this today...I am sad today because of a friend's loss....

and it comforted me...

thank you,
Sarah

Katrina said...

I am absolutely loving your choice of music playing in the background... it stirs my soul and goes beautifully with what you've posted here.