Tuesday, March 10, 2009

When God Ran

This song never fails to bring tears to my eyes. The depth of God’s Love, Mercy and Patience are things that I know I will NEVER grasp fully. I know that I see so dimly and I am such a numbskull in so many ways. I stand amazed at a Love so great that would wait for… run toward… forgive… even me. May that Patient, Passionate, Forgiving love envelope and enfold you today… and may you run to meet Him.

Almighty God, the great I am

107023_5283

Immovable rock, omnipotent, powerful, awesome Lord

979162_74437646

Victorious warrior, commanding King of Kings

219686_9054

Mighty conqueror, and the only time

862369_73766129

the only time I ever saw Him run

889232_64258041

Was when He ran to me, He took me in His arms

947420_74958987

Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again” 78220_4019

Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes

573486_38458211

With forgiveness in His voice He said,

972885_60537533

“Son do you know I still love you?”
1127446_21502557

He caught me by surprise when God ran

763807_83459355

The day I left home I knew I’d broken His heart

1155802_17184716

And I wondered then if things could ever be the same

805077_94833352

Then one night I remembered His love for me

240611_8878

And down that dusty road ahead I could see

1146660_35360547

It was the only time – it was the only time I ever saw Him run ft

And then He ran to me, He took me in His arms

947420_74958987

Held my head to His chest, said “My son’s come home again” 78220_4019

Lifted my face, wiped the tears from my eyes

573486_38458211

With forgiveness in His voice He said,

972885_60537533

“Son do you know I still love you?”

1127446_21502557

He caught me by surprise

797758_37348656

and He brought me to my knees

When God ran

KONICA MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

– I saw Him run to me

623802_89104171

I was so ashamed, all alone and so far away

1126889_77017795

But now I know He’s been waiting for this day

471853_93854087

I saw Him run to me…

Lyrics by Phillips, Craig and Dean. Photos by Stockxchng


When God Ran (Restoration Album Version) - Phillips, Craig And Dean

9 comments:

Dawn said...

I love that song, too!

Be blessed today, my sweet northern friend!

K-Sue said...

What a beautiful song, and a beautiful presentation. Then way you blend your prairie photos and poetry inspires me.

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful posting this is. So refreshing to read this first thing this morning. All I can say is, "Beautiful" Prairie Chick. You have a way of presenting everything you say to touch the hearts of many. I read your blog every day because you make it so inviting just as God made YOU!

May God bless you abundantly today and bring a smile to your face in every direction that you turn.

Peace,
Alleluiabelle

Steph said...

That is such a touching song---the very heart of God is presented. And I'm so glad He ran to little me...

The pictures really bring it to life--thank you!

Blessings~~~

Anonymous said...

What comforting words. I was not familiar with this song so thank you for sharing the words. I think, like me, that songs really speak to your heart.

grammy said...

Love that song. I always have, but haven't heard it in awhile. Thanks for putting it all together. What a blessing.

Linda said...

That song must surely bring us to our knees.
I love it too, and you've made it come alive in a very beautiful way.

Meredith said...

I just love that group! and I love the way you did the timing with the pictures and the lyrics. Thank you for this morning blessing! and may your cheerios not be soggy (or fossilized) today!

Tricia said...

How I love that song! I have not heard it in years, but it still speaks to my heart as it did years ago...

At this moment the cry of my heart is that one day my sister will be moved by this song because of what the Lord will have done in her life.... thanks so for sharing!

Blessings!