Thursday, March 5, 2009

Creation

Excuse me while I indulge in a little whimsical reminiscing of summer and pretend that there is not a north wind gusting at 45 km an hour, suffocating us in a thick veil of billowing snow with a temperature of 27 degrees below zero after the wind chill and a visibility of 0.4.

Lest I forget the beauty that will soon emerge from underneath this carpet and cape and umbrella of winter white, I conjure up visions of brighter days. The blues, the greens, the landscapes and scenes of creation awakening from hibernation.

All things bright

IMG_4824

and beautiful

IMG_2411

All creatures great

IMG_3947

and small

IMG_2497

All things wise and wonderful

IMG_4672

The Lord God made them all

IMG_3202

Each little flower that opens

IMG_2416

Each little bird that sings

IMG_2507

He made their glowing colors

IMG_2551

He made their tiny wings

IMG_1862

The tall trees in the greenwood

IMG_6259

The meadows where we play

IMG_5823

The rushes by the water

IMG_5787

We gather every day

IMG_6237

He gave us eyes to see them

IMG_6238

And lips that we might tell

IMG_7032

How great is God almighty

IMG_5502

Who has made all things well!

IMG_6664

Cecil Frances Alexander

18 comments:

Robin said...

Prairie Chick this is exactly what I was thinking today...trying to remember the spring, summer, and fall while the winds are gusting up a storm. Your pictures are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely enjoy your posts. Your pictures and words are beautiful. It's a breath of fresh air to visit your part of the world.

Thank you,
Alleluiabelle

Sara Campbell said...

Beautiful photos. My Granny died last Thursday, expected and even prayed for, still hard though. The next morning, amid snow (for weeks now in Ankara), I heard birds singing. Yes, she has gone to her Spring, her winter is over.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures and soothing words. I hope you all have a great weekend. I will let you know when the package arrives. I have been able to work in the yard this past week due to much warmer days and have a few flowers popping up - I love this time of year.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

how nice it is to see those things when you aren't in the moment.
What a blessing.

Looking forward to melthing snow ..and mud stories ;)

Dawn said...

So beautiful! I love when we get to indulge you. Ha!

Well, it was mid-80's here yesterday and will be close to that today.

Hey, PC... got a question for you...

Ground or whole bean??? ;-)

Blessings!

Leanne said...

Beautiful, just beautiful! I wish I could send some of our beautiful spring weather to you.
It will be here before you know it, in the meantime you could get your home all spring cleaned and organized and then you will be able to enjoy the beautiful weather outdoors and not be stuck inside cleaning. Who invented spring cleaning anyway??

Tricia said...

Beautiful!! We had snow this past Sunday, now today we are supposed to have a high of 73! It is beautiful and gorgeous, yet I have to take a child to the doctor, probably an ear infection...

Sending blue, warm skies your way!!

Blessings!

Linda said...

I lived in the north long enough to know exactly how you are feeling. I can remember looking out the living room window at the starkness of bare limbs against a gray sky and the remnants of snow on the ground and just longing for warmth and growing things and spring.
I feel so blessed to live in this wonderful place where even winter treats us kindly most of the time and spring arrives long before we even expect it.
The picture-poetry - exquisite.

NanaNor's said...

Thank you so much for this post. I am so ready to be done with brown and embrace the colors of spring but I think we still have 1.5 mos left of brown. At least we have blue skies.
Blessings and hugs to you this day PC.
In Him, Noreen

Berry Girl said...

ahh. I love that hymn/song. perfectly done.

DayPhoto said...

Once more! Words and photos are just perfect!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

Debbie in CA : ) said...

What fun! I am inspired by your lovely photgraphs and optimism. This post is a gem! : D

The McMurrays said...

May I ask what kind of camera you use? We are ruminating on buying a high quality one, so am looking for some input :)
Your photos are always amazing!

Katrina said...

We're having crazy wind here today, too, although the sun shines, so I'm at least thankful for that! Again, your beautiful photography amazes me and what a wonderful idea for a post! Wishing with you for those gorgeous warm days. :o)

Heidi said...

I love it when you do that. *Grin.*

Hey, have you checked out the *free* online photo editing program Picnik. If you haven't, I think you'll really, really like it. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending more time there than in photoshop. It is awesome and super-duper easy. Check it out!! picnik.com

(I hope you don't take that to mean that I think your photos need editing. :))

K-Sue said...

This is a beautiful post, both words and pictures.

Kimberly said...

I'd only ever heard the first verse to that. Thanks for sharing the second one. I do like that! I think I first heard it sung in Anne of Avonlea.