That the Emancipation Proclamation freed Negroes ONLY in the states that had seceded from the union?
That women were so anxious to do their part in the American civil war that more than 400 of them pretended to be soldiers until they were discovered?
2 comments:
THAT is CRAZY. 400 women? Really? I cannot imagine WANTING to participate in something as horrible as war.
Bookclub just finished a book about a Cree man surviving the First World War...after reading that, I have no idea WHY we are SURPRISED to find out that returning soldiers suffer from things like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. There is just NO WAY that a man can come back whole and the same from ANY kind of war.
We should be surprised when they DON'T have problems, not when they do.
Crazy.
I can't even BEGIN to relate to this. Seriously. I mean Yentl yes... I would have pretended to be a man to be able to read and study but THIS? Um. I'd be thanking the Lord I'd been born a woman.
Post a Comment