Wednesday, March 25, 2009

March Blues

Well….

IMG_4035

There’s one good thing to be said for ice

IMG_3997

Something had to melt to make it

IMG_3991

And in the absence of the something that melted

IMG_4036

Something new

IMG_4034

Comes peeping through.

IMG_4029

That’s not to say

IMG_4007

In any way

IMG_4031

That we don’t have a ways to go

IMG_4005

Before winter becomes a dream

IMG_4026

And summer reality.

IMG_4025

**Sigh**

scenes from around our yard on March 24th

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty! Funny thing, you have to look at my current post dated March 24!!!!!!!

Dawn said...

I grew up in the "north" (relative to your "north" ha!) and I was still amazed at your snow. Curious what's under the mounds - is it piles of snow or something else?

We've been in shorts here and my front yard flowers have been planted. I'm working on my back beds now and have plans (tomorrow maybe?) to build a few raised beds for the sides of my house. All of my "country" bloggers have got me yearning for a vegetable garden like ones I use to have when we were first married. I don't really have the space for that here, so I'm going to start small this year with two raised beds of veggies and some herbs. This will be a trial year for the veggies. I'm just now feeling like I know what to do in this climate for flowers. Not so much for veggies. But, I've been reading and reading.

Wish I could throw some of this great weather into the package I have for you! (Yes, the one *still* sitting on my kitchen counter!)

Blessings!

Unknown said...

Midred dear, I *did* see your post and although I am smiling, almost chuckling... it's really NOT funny, heh heh. It is absolutely beautiful though, the Lord has blessed you with a piece of earthly paradise in your home and gardens.

Dawn, under the mounds, you got it, more snow. The mounds get pushed up when P-guy clears the driveway, he's got to push it somewhere. And incidentally, the few spots where grass is peeking through are spots where he had cleared pretty low to the ground with his plow. It's not melting THAT much.

We are still oscillating between -15 and +2.

I saw the pics of your trip over at Bud's place just now, SO amazing. I just can't even imagine the fun of catching a sucker like that.

grammy said...

Spring is a dream just over the horizon. I am soooo ready for it. Every blogger out there is.

The McMurrays said...

Wow. Spring *WILL* come!!! :)

DayPhoto said...

This was pretty and I had to laugh at the sigh at the end. Oh how tired and how tiring it is to not be outside in the warmth. To look on shades of green.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

becks said...

This definitely sums up my feelings on this time of year. Inasmuch as winter is beautiful (without the unruley tracks from kids or the great sandtrucks' aftermath making what God intended to be white into an ugly mush), I am very glad summer is just around the corner!
Just last week, here in central Minnesota it was getting into the upper 50's and absolutely beautiful weather as all the snow was leaving and green was once again appearing. Unfortunately, a blizzard came through and we're back to the wonders of the teen degrees and snow and ice...oh March, why?

Berry Girl said...

Dawn...I don't know what to say to you (lol) "We've been in shorts here..." - yeah, we're still in PARKAS here (lol)

I had a glimmer of hope when I saw all the chunks of slushy ice that had fallen off of the underside of my car in the garage. But I lost that glimmer when I backed out of the garage into the roaring North wind and the -14 temperature...*sigh*

Katrina said...

Yes... *sigh*... I understand... white flakes falling again today... getting a little tedious, I know.

Chris said...

yeah... Kyle and I were yearning for spring on our drive to the city today... I put it in 4wd with hubs locked just to make it through the drifting icy patches AGAIN. I am aching for green. Keep the hope alive!

NanaNor's said...

Glad to see photos from your home and land-hope the bug has passed you all by and the kids are back to normal now.
Thank you again for sharing life with us.
Hugs, Noreen

Alleluiabelle said...

Sigh...yes. I'm right there with you, although today it was 56 degrees here. The ground is still brown and frozen, but at least I don't see any snow. Lord, don't let me see any more snow until winter, Pleeeease!

Hugs & blessings,
Alleluiabelle

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! We have been in shorts here...azaleas in full bloom...fans on high with windows wide open. We are getting a cold front soon, though! It's supposed to get in the 60's!!!

I know you are ready for the fullness of spring, but I do enjoy seeing your snow! We had some fall one night this year...the first time in 4 years of us being here. I miss the peace and stillness that accompany it.

Robin said...

P.C. I am laughing...what you see under those mounds is more snow!

Oh, I am ready for some sun to melt it all away! The snow at my front door is still heaped up about three feet! LOL

K-Sue said...

These pictures are beautiful, though I need to turn on the fan while I am reading- it's too warm drinking my cup of coffee without it : ) Click - ah, that's better.

I wish you could come visit me for a dose of warmth and sunshine. -And now that it's finally rained, you could even get a few mosquito bites to take home! Alas, all our best paradises are still under the curse - the earth is still groaning!

I think if I lived way up north I would be one of those people who have to spend time under the bright lights or I would get March Blues REAL BAD. Hang on, my new friend! It won't be long now.

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Oh my . . . Though the beauty of this place clearly shows itself, the length of its wintry stay has exceeded what I would call manageable for my green fingers and garden dreams. (I am humbled that I have grumbled about our extended chill out here in my gardens.)

Please come and play in my garden any time. ; D

I know I'll be marvelling at your pics to come when your lands become a wonderland of summer's bounty. But for now . . . keep warm, dear one. XO

Tricia said...

It truly is beautiful there! I can not imagine living with that much snow for that much of the year... I really do not like to be cold. It has been in the 70s here and wonderful weather, except for the rain the past couple of days, but even the rain is good...

Have a great day, and praying for warmer days to come your way soon!

Blessings!

Linda said...

But spring really will come - I'm pretty sure it always does :-)
We're in shorts here too, but you know, in a few months you will be one up on us as we swelter and you enjoy lovley spring-like temperatures.