Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just Call Me Frank

I'm happy with my progress this week in removing the "screen" from the "scene". It was not as hard as I imagined, and was very rewarding in the relationship department!

My frank-ful moment this week centres around my failure to express my love and appreciation to the people I love and appreciate. I *think* loving and appreciative thoughts all the time, but I'm not sure why they don't get expressed as often as I would like. I will think to myself "I appreciate such and such about so and so, I should be sure to tell them." And do I??? Usually not.

Chris, case in point, I was thinking quite a few times since our last sunday school meeting week how much I appreciate your enthusiasm for sunday school/church attendance, it's encouraging to me. I was also thinking I love how attentive you are with your boys and it is always clear (to them and others) that what they have to say is important to you and you always have time to hear and respond. Okay, I may have had to *write* it to get it said, but at least it got said, I APPRECIATE YOU. (I meant to tell you this when I dropped by your place the other day, and I think I would have but... well... you know!

I think most of the time things don't get said because I think about them when the person isn't around and then am distracted by other subjects/circumstances when they are. I don't know. One thing is certain, I want to start expressing these thoughts because I know they are important to the people in question. Recently in Sunday School we had more seasoned mothers sharing encouragement and exhortation for us younger moms. One of the many wonderful suggestions was to write love/thanks/encouragement notes to family members. I always have good intentions to do it, I thought to myself 3 times last week that I should write a little note of this or that to one of my kids and I knew it would make them feel special.

Anwyay, to make a long story short, I suddenly got the bright idea (since I obviously love blogging so much, and somehow make *that* happen) to start another blog devoted to treasuring my family. In the future I hope it will become a family affair and we can build a record of love, thanksgiving and encouragement for one another. Pop over here if you want to check it out (the blog is not private, but it is not listed and is closed to comments).

3 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you for that kind paragraph... I'm taken aback (as close to speechless as I can get). I don't get it right all the time, believe me... but I'm going to smile and say thanks for encouraging me as a mom.

Nichole - I appreciate the passion you have just bubbling under the surface of your calm demeanor. I'm inspired to enjoy my children more and worry about things less, and to celebrate the everyday in special ways, thanks to you. I appreciate the gift your friendship is to me.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

O' I might just have to borrow the "other blog" idea.
I'm always worried I havn't said enough to make them all feel loved and I don't want anyone of them to doubt this..even when I'm "hard to reach" sometimes more than often.

Just Beautiful!

Mac an Rothaich said...

Oh I SO believe is saying how you feel about others. I have written many a letter over the years when someone hits my heart hard and I need them to have the words to read over and over again.