Haven't shared a "simple" or scrumptious recipe in a bit, maybe because I haven't cooked a single meal in the past 6 weeks? Yeah, tell me about it... I am a wee bit spoiled with this mother in law o' mine. Not sure what I'll do when she leaves next saturday! Anyway, this next one is new to me, and is a little trick of hers for using left over rice. Definitely simple (took all of 10 minutes start to finish!), and scrumptious, a keeper in my books!
Fried Rice Cakes.
leftover rice (we had 3 cups)
eggs (1 egg per 1 cup rice)
parmesan cheese (scant 1/4 cup per 1 cup rice)
salt to season
olive oil to fry (app 1/2 a cup, they need to be partially immersed but not covered)
Heat olive oil in a pan to a medium high heat
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl
Use a regular soup spoon to measure your rice mixture into the pan, (each cake should come out the diameter and depth of an oreo cookie)
Fry till crispy golden on each side
remove to paper towel
Enjoy!
4 comments:
Never before and I will try it now as I always have leftover rice!
Thanks for sharing!
that does sound yummy!
Sounds really good. I tend to make a lot of "seasoned" rice (Mexican, tropical, etc.) and bet those flavors in the left over rice would just add to the rice cakes! I'll try it the next time I have leftover rice and let you know how it turns out for me!
Blessings!
Hello again! I just slipped over to your family blog and wanted to thank you for leaving it open for reading by us "outsiders." I feel like I've peeked into a window of your heart whenever I read your family blog!
Blessings!
Post a Comment