Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful 139 & Counting

Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness, to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.

I'm thankful for;

139 green grass, trees and garden shoots.
140 blue skies, eyes and baby sleepers
141 yellow sun, dandelions and bobbing pansies
142 purple lilac blooms, homemeade cherry jam and irises
143 white apple blossoms, fluffly clouds and sheets on the line
144 black garden soil and nightime skies

Care to join me in giving thanks to the Giver of Good Gifts today?

Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17

12 comments:

Berry Girl said...

YAY! TT!
I was thinking of a thankful list last week on TT, and I wasn't "feeling" very thankful. But I really wanted to chose to be thankful, b/c I think thankfulness is like so many other things in life - not so much an emotion as a choice, like love, forgiveness, to name two.
Today, however, the choice is easy...
I am thankful for sunshine to make my garden grow
I am thankful for the blossoms on my yard and the fragrance they send out on the breeze
I am thankful for a good night's sleep after several not-so-good nights
I am thankful for the baby who keeps me up at night but let me sleep last night
I am thankful for my 4.5yr old who loves his Dad more than anything and works with him in the shop EVERY evening
I am thankful for the MANY friends who helped us celebrate God's goodness to us and the beginning of our berry season

Thanks for THIS. You bless me every time I read your posts.

Leaon Mary said...

Great verse and I could stare into that picture a long time... seeing good and perfect gifts!
Thanks Prairie chick!
L

Mac an Rothaich said...

I'm thankful for seeds of old fashioned romance sprouting.
I'm thankful for cool breezes on a lovely hot day.
I'm thankful for true friends.
I'm thankful for kids learning more each day.
I'm thankful for home-made granola (addicted to it lately).

Anonymous said...

How creative with the colors! So true.

Unknown said...

Hey Jen, I couldn't agree more, a thankful spirit is a *choice*, and such a rewarding one. At times it's work go searching for those seeds in the cellars of our potting sheds, and bring them out to the light and identify them, other times our hands are brimming over with them and they just fall to the soil naturally. Either way, the harvest they bring is always a happy one. Yay for TT is right! Thanks for being part of the planting.

Unknown said...

Hope I'm included in one of those "true friends" Mac. =)

Anonymous said...

Such a shout of joy for spring and all its colorful glory!! Amen to the post-enjoy your day!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Thankful for quite times...and new sheets on sale from $140 to $49. Just got back from JCP...;0D

I'm also Thankful for a new start each day!

Denise said...

Such a good thankful list.

Tracy said...

Lovely list of blessings! Thank you for sharing. (Your blog is lovely!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful........!

Ann said...

Love your rainbow of thanks!