Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Around the Farm

Winsome- charming in a childlike or simple way-attractive - pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm.

Beautiful Blooms, (and I'm not just talking about apple blossoms either)


Irresistable-Kissable.



Boys With Toys




Black Cherry (ahem... aka *choke* cherry) Jam



Parmesan Cheese, The Real Deal Parmigiano, Smuggled in from Italy


Prairie Evenings.





Peaceful Pastures



Lovable Laundry


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the laundry photos! I put up cherries yesterday! (they are the tart ones though) Beautiful jam, don't you just love harvesting and preserving! Great pics thanks for sharing!
Joy

Mitzi said...

You inspire me so much. I long for the peacefulness that the country setting brings. I would say that I long for the "simple" life but I know that you probably do not see it as "Simple". But compared to the hustle and bustle of school, stressful jobs, etc it seems simple to me. I hope to one day (hopefully soon) have a simpler life that keeps me at home more to educate my children and let them see the joy of being at home instead of going here and then there......Thanks for being a blogger.

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Love it and I'm positive your lovin living in it!

Dawn :0)

Mac an Rothaich said...

The pic with your little man on the fence smiling looks like he is singing 'I've got the world on a string! Sit'n on a rainbow!' YOU CAN SEE THAT JOY IN HIS EYES!

Get pics!

Hope you are feeling good too:)

Berry Girl said...

LOVE. IT.

Unknown said...

Hey Joy, for the record those were LAST YEAR'S cherries, :P my chokecherry bushes are only now in full bloom, it will be late August before I'm harvesting those. I thought I over procrastinated with these frozen cherries, but in the end it turned out to be a good time to be making jam as we are plum out, and these 9 quarts should tide us through till strawberry-rhubarb season. I'm not sure I can say I *love* canning, but I love the end result and the *idea* of canning... not so much the clean up!

Unknown said...

Mitzi, thank you so much for your sweet words. I can't believe that *I* am an inspiration to anyone, but hey, it takes all types and I'm glad to know that in my own little way, in the plain every day I am somehow leaving a little mark on the world I live and move and breathe in.

For the record I do see my life as simple, in relation to everyone else's life that is! Yeah, it's full in it's own way, but in a slow paced, free and flexible way. If I feel like making jam, and manage to fit it in, I do. If it takes me 10 months to get the jam made from the time I picked the cherries, so be it! =)

I don't realize how really simple and beautiful my life is till I spend a day in the city, with traffic and exhaust, bustling shoppers, fluorescent lights and dry air conditioning. It is so soothing to get home to my wide open spaces.

I will pray that God will make a way for you to experience simplicity in your life, both now and in the future. Thank you for being here!

Unknown said...

Hey Mac, you wanna know the funniest part of my Prairie Prince with the "world on a string"? He just started doing this adorable little "huzzah" circular motion with his fist in the air in an attempt to express the "yay" factor. It's like he's twirling an invisible lasso, totally cracks me up!

Gina said...

I LOVE the photo of the little smashed baby face. Sooo cute!