Sowing Seeds of Thankfulness to Reap a Harvest of Happiness.
I'm thankful for
165 Rain showers (short but sweet, I'll take whatever I can get)
166 Happy Flowers (see blog header and this post's header, aren't they *lovely*???!!!)
167 Sunshine on flesh, it's medicinal I'm sure.
168 Health and 169 happiness
170 Fathers day, 171 fathers and 172 (usually) my children's father (I'm a little ripped at him this very moment to be perfectly honest, but this too shall pass.)
174 His Word. It's amazing.
175 Chick-flick nights with friends, food and iced caps (thanks Chris!!)
176 Picnics with precious picnickers followed by 177 naps on the lawn
178 Fresh fish, battered and fried
179 Luscious rhubarb, the first crop of the year.
So tell me, what are you thankful for??
Every good thing and every perfect gift is from God. These good gifts come down from the Creator of the sun, moon and stars, Who does not change like their shifting shadows. James 1:17
24 comments:
Such an awesome thankful list.
You summer sounds already like fun :) Yummy - fresh rhubarb!!!!
Since I don't have any girlfriends in town, I enjoy the chick-flicks with my beloved :)
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.
Blessings to you and your precious family.
What a lovely thankful list! I love the flowers!
Tagg your it!!!
Have a great weekend!
I am thankful that someone told me about your blog, you see the beauty in everyday things.
for hanging baskets dripping with blossoms
for children to delve into pages and consume their contents like ravenous wolves
for my easy-on-the-eyes husband and the conscientious work ethic instilled in him
for the thirst for things Above and the ability to see them all around me
for dirty fingernails and stinky feet, which are evidences of enjoying God's great big world firsthand
for the last day of kindergarten, days of adventure ahead, and giddy little thunders of feet running for soccer balls
for friends who invigorate me to see the best in all around me
I thank thee, O Lord.
Sounds like you are having a fabulous summer! Great list of thanks!
Have a fabulous week!
I was admiring your beautiful flowers as a flower lover myself. Is that a bleeding heart in the header? Gorgeous.
Simple days where I can follow my nose and have quiet time lots.
Listening ears.
Kids who are pretty good at being in public.
Clean up days coming to an end with a cup of tea and a hug with my daughter.
Happy Thankful Thursday! Hope you don't mind if I join in on my own blog. I am thankful for your blog because it blesses me when I read it daily! Awesome thankful list...love the pictures. You are a blog artist!
Joy
Hey there!
I love "reading" your heart. You share in such a way... I just feel like I KNOW YOU!
AND... you have RRRRRHUBARB?????
TART AND SASSY RHUBARB? RHUBARB happens to be food from my childhood... RHUBARB PIE, AND RHUBARB STRAWBERRY JAM.
thankYOU for the flashback! Now my mouth is watering. :)
Hugs, Lea
<*)))><
Such a sweet list of things to be thankful for. God bless you for sharing this with us.
I have decided I love Thankful thursdays so much I'm stealing it!!! Yep, I've been thinking how I'd like a regular format of sorts and enjoy yours of daily themes, so am going to try it myself!
So today, I'm thankful for...YOU!
And...Cool & rainy days, where one can catch up on house chores that get left behind with the sunshine,
Vets to care for pets,
Daughters with WILD hair blowing in the wind and smiles as wide as the sky...
Fresh cherries from the store(although NOT too thankful about the price tag!)
What a great thankful list! I just love your thankful thursdays. Hope you have a great day. Brandie
What a wonderful thankful list! This week I am giving thanks for the simple things in life, fresh cut grass, lego houses, etc...
Blessings!
I'm sure you already know this is my favorite day :) (although winsome wednesdays are a CLOSE second)...
I'm thankful for
- the smell of the rain and the promise of not having to water my many flower beds and my meager garden patch
-chubby, squishy baby thighs that go with a chubby, smiling, red cheeked face
-the "drawings" of a 4yr old and how proud he is of them
-the smell of my lilacs (finally!)
-visits with good friends, catching up, encouraging and being encouraged, being "called" on stuff and "calling" them on stuff too, being real and raw and blessed
-getting older, and presumably wiser (here's hoping!)
Girls, I have to say that I love that people love this theme and am delighted if anyone starts their own "thankful" days on their own blogs. I had been doing my own thankful thursdays back when I started blogging, and then came across Iris' blog that had the same theme and "joined up" with her. You can link to her and browse the blogs of other Thankful Thursday participants at www.eph2810.com
If you don't have your own blog, or don't want to start your own Thankful Thursday I am tickled pink for you to share your thankful heart here with me as it makes my heart smile.
Such great thankful lists here today, I LOVE them!!
Joyfully His, you don't know how much your comment means to me, from someone who has spent too many months of her life in a black hole where nothing seemed beautiful, your words brought tears to my eyes to think how God has healed me and blessed me with the simple and extravagant gift of joy and thankfulness for all of His many blessings. Because the more we train our eyes to see them, the more there are. Blessed be Your Name....
Hey Jen, I smiled when I read your comment about "presumably wiser" because when I was on my way to your house this morning there was this "new to me" song on the radio. No idea who it was (country station) but there was one point in the tongue in cheek silliness that really struck me. The premise was that the older and wiser we get the dumber we realize we were ;)
Just googled the lyrics; It's Montgomery Gentry; Back When I Knew it All and the part that struck me goes;
"i've done some growing up
and i'm still growing up
so i know i'll never be as smart as i once was
that was back, back when I knew it all."
Here's to continued "wisdom" to realize how little we really do know =)
Yum! ruhubarb! I remember eating a strawberry rhubarb pie when i was a kid and loving it...I don't think I've had one since.
I love your blog!! Every time I visit is a blessing!
Sheila
What a lovely list!
Today, I am thankful that God has blessed me with two wonderful children, and incredibly special nephew and the opportunity to spend the ENTIRE day (literally sunrise to midnight!) doing nothing but having fun with the three of them.
I am exhausted but so, so happy and content!
health and happiness are some of the things i'm really thanking God for. health is a rare gem. God bless.
Amen to this, PC: "...from someone who has spent too many months of her life in a black hole where nothing seemed beautiful... to think how God has healed me and blessed me with the simple and extravagant gift of joy and thankfulness for all of His many blessings. Because the more we train our eyes to see them, the more there are."
I've been right there, too...I wish I could say months, but years is more like it. Praise Him who redeems the years the locust has eaten!!!
I may have to start "Thankful Thursdays" regularly too ;o)
Hello- I apparently missed this lovely Thankful Thursday, as I was laid up not being thankful for the pulled back from moving the "leather sofa"!(um...) anyway, thankful for all the sharing and honesty on your & others part. I am thankful today to see this and tell you after a long painful 24hrs...you posted my "favorite flower" a simple daisey! Smile! They are so ...simply...lovely!
Blessings,
Momma of 8
(formally sm-town Momma of 8);)
Post a Comment