Skor Latte to start the day
blue knit sweater on a baby boy
promotion sunday with kids on the stage, our boy front and centre, stick figure shy.
friends kids comics and smiles and antics, the belly laughter of moms and dads, we are family.
hearing the youth pastor's son (just turned 4) affirm that yes indeed he could speak Aramaic and besides that he knows the definition of a "generation" (in his very own words, you walk around and then you die).
eggplant parmigiana waiting for lunch
more latte and italian chocolate with espresso filled centres
faux fur blankets, a couch, a baby curled sleepily over my stomach
rain on the window, gray skies
the anticipation of a night on the town, authentic chinese, good friends and Harrison Ford
What's not to love about Sundays?
12 comments:
Can I come over!
Send some rain over here!
And have fun out!
Oh, so wishing for the rain! Reading made me sigh in contentment for you!!
I'm assuming you meant that you were going to see the new Indiana Jones movie? What did you think? We liked the typical "swashbuckling" but were very disappointed in the new age alien stuff.
Hope you had a wonderful evening out with your friends!
Blessings! Dawn W (the other Texas Dawn!!!)
We loved the morning too. Your sweet scowling son did steal the show. We went out on the town tonight too! We'll have to get your evaluation on the movie, since its on our list... looking forward to the "old" HF. And boy, we'd love it if we actually got the rain the clouds threaten, hey?
Good morning Mrs.Prairie, I wanted to share with you...after I spent like 10min on a comment on Saturday...it would not go on? Thought later-ok weather? We are in the flooding areas so to speak and weather has been severe...?Who knows, anyway after all this said, I am sure if I asked... many would agree, God has given you a "gift" of sharing through writting! Smile! The bible tells us about "gifts" and I just thought of how you'd said a while back...I am not quick at verbal expression...you've got that licked at penning them dowm & really that can mean so much sometimes if not more to look back over and re-read it! I mean who can imagine making Sunday sound so...warm,loving,blessed,cozy and yummy all in one! Thank you for your gift, that you share and bless so many and cause so many to think on these things! Have a great day!
Small town Momma of 8
P.S. My children are wondering...
where is the song? Smile?
Hi Gals! The rain was a 3 minute splatter that tickled my ears but didn't do much to satisfy the thirst of the land. We have been *painfully" awaiting the rain that continues to ellude us.
Yep, we had a date with Indy last night and my review will be less than stellar. Lame is the word that comes to mind. Found the writing, acting and basic storyline to be rather pathetic but enjoyed the few good, "typical swashbuckling" scenes as Texas Dawn called them. I'd probably say "sure go if you must" but save it for the cheap theatre.... All in all I'd give it a 4/10, mostly due to the aliens.... come on, so many wonderful possibilities in the realm of archeological adventure.... they *so* could have done better than that!
Country Mom, you are so sweet. Thanks for your words. I do like to express myself, and I wouldn't say I am not good at *any* form of verbal communication, just specifically with expressing "emotions", the kind of emotions I wrote in my new blog. I LOVE this about you.... I'm PROUD of you because.... You make me laugh, etc. I want to be much more purposeful in recognizing and expressing these emotions.
Of course in writing I can say things in poetic and fanciful ways that would sound corny and Shakespearean if spoken in real life, and that is probably why I love writing so much, I can play around with words in a way I don't get a chance to otherwise, something I enjoy. Your words are the highest form of compliment to a writer, that I can express warmth, love, blessing, coziness and yumminess in one! Means I hit the nail on the head in my attempt to sum up a Delightfully Delicious Day.
I was trying to upload a song the other day but had technical difficulties and forgot to get back to it.... I'll get on that!
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Keep enjoying those God has blessed you with!
oops, I did it *again*! Said Country Mom when I meant Small Town Momma. Sorry!!!
Aww, shucks. Now that I know there's something wrong with sounding corny and Shakespearean, I need to change my vocabulary :o)
Does the way that you talk ever change according to what you've been reading? Just wondering if I'm the only one with that weird tendency...
Hey Lauren, not sure about my entire way of talking changing based on what I'm reading, but I've been known to be an obsessive post-lit quoter. "Inconceivable" from The Princess Bride comes to mind....
I'm worse at making up english versions of latin words that don't exist, (right Chris)?
ha ha... yeah... I've been known to make up words that sound more like pleutdeutch than anything else.
And I do tend to use different vocab depending on what I've been reading. (I just used "unmitigated" in a sentence yesterday!!!) It doesn't bother me though.
I would think that being a post-lit quoter wouldn't be so bad...unless you read a lot of Poe. :)
Post a Comment