Our Pond and Prairie Birds
And a new nest of duck eggs uncovered in the meadow.
First time out. It was pretty stinkin cute. I only made him sit there for one minute, but he went willingly and hollered out `Mommy... beep, beep!` When the timer went off. .
Smart enough to put on a hat before going out to play... pink hearts and all
This doll has been his special "baby" since the arrival of Prairie Pumpkin
One he can carry around, you know, without dropping on it`s head or anything.and lay face down in the gravel
and cover with dirt.
Because heaven knows, boys will be boys, even while attired in girly hats.
Rescuing a baby robin from Sophie, who is after all a bird dog Winsome Signage. Our kids have discovered what fun can be had with a hammer and nails. Their mother has discovered what damage can be done with said hammer and nails. This was one of their nicer concoctions.
Isn't it whimsically 100 acre woodsish?
Practicing hammering 4 inch nails into the wood siding of the sun porch, not quite so whimsical.
And winsome music that suits my mood. We sang this song in church on sunday, and I cried. I have been truly enthralled with the beauty of His creation this week, baby birds, baby skunks, meadows, pastures, night skies, fluffy clouds.... and to sing these words to Him, and mean them, brought home how fair He truly is.
Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all nature, O thou of God and man the Son, Thee will I cherish, Thee will I honor, thou, my soul's glory, joy, and crown.
Fair are the meadows, fairer still the woodlands, robed in the blooming garb of spring: Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer who makes the woeful heart to sing.
Fair is the sunshine, fairer still the moonlight, and all the twinkling starry host: Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer than all the angels heaven can boast.
Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations! Son of God and Son of Man! Glory and honor, praise, adoration, now and forevermore be thine.
12 comments:
I love when a good song gets stuck in my head... I'll be humming this one all day! Blessings!
What a blessing I get everytime I read your posts. Have a wonderful day!
Love it!
REally like it! Love the nailing job. Kids just have a way of getting good practice out of sometimes good things! Mine also have just recently found out hammer and nails and well I am sure we are soon to have a flat tire! LoL.
Joy
My little ones have been nailing away too. My 6 yr old collected scrap wood at our building site to use for special projects once we move in. He nailed so much yesterday he started to get a blister. My one year old has been practicing this morning with his plastic hammer. Oh the joyous sound of plastic hammers on wood furniture. :-) Anyway, I really enjoyed your pictures and your blog today. Have a wonderful Wednesday!
My dad used to have to hide nails and old pieces of wood. We where always making hide outs in the bush with all his stuff. It is one of those things where it kinda bugged him but at the same time he was impressed with what we would make.
Amen to that! Jesus is fairer than the best this world has to offer...
I just loved all your photos, thanks for sharing! And I know about those "projects" we don't know about until they are over with. My son decided his animals had an ear ache and put all his swimmers ear drops on his animals!! All of them!! and the tiny bottle cost $112 (only $10 for us with insurance, but still!!)
Have a wonderful day!
Tricia's comment got me laughing... oh, the reasoning of our little ones. E tried to "lock" the door of the clubhouse with his hammer and nails... sad surprise that was.
And I'm so glad J has a babydoll of his own. It would not be so funny with Pumpkin!!
All the hammer and nail stories, and earache drop stories had me laughing. Thank God for kids. They are the purest form of entertainment!
I have to also mention how sweet the picture of dad and boy helping the bird is. I just love Daddy's who have time to be real with their kids. IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
I especially loved this moment Becky, because before kids (and me, his most amazing wife) he would have seen the dog chasing a baby robin and probably thought nothing of it. Nature in action, you know. The circle of life. Like I said, she *is* a bird dog after all. He wouldn't have seen anything particularily adorable in a bald, half molted, awkwardly flapping baby bird. And he most definitely would not have hollered across the yard "Hey guys, come and look what I have!"
I'm lovin' that guy.
I got such a kick out of your pictures today!
Post a Comment