The leaves have completed their festive adieu, and the trees now stand stark and bare against the crew cut spindles left after the harvest. Thankfully, as the gold and russet arboral capes were shed, the sunset has taken centre stage in this ever changing prarie spectacle. Evening after evening she steps gingerly onto the stage adorned by a tiara of shimmering gold, and then before our eyes is transformed from a shy and unassuming maiden with downcast eyes and and a gentle blush, to a bold and astounding vixen with flaming cheeks and flashing eyes, dancing a tango step across the sky, determined at all cost to woo us with her charisma and beauty. This panorama of pictures were mostly snapped from the corner of my wrap around porch in one of those silent, golden moments just before she does the tango stomp, clenches the rose between her teeth and strides out in all her passion. This time of day never fails to woo me.
Prairie Guy playin' in the backhoe on the northeast corner of the yard.

A dying tree on the bank of the east pond.

a view of the back pasture to the south east.

the back pasture through the bracken at the edge of the orchard.

peeping through the orchard, south east.

last of the crabs, safe from arms reach, hanging on for dear life.

the barn, on the south side of the house.

The windmill, at the front corner of the barn.
The tire swing to the south west.

looking west, toward the river.

north, our driveway.

north, the road that brings us home.

(Stay tuned tomorrow for the second act, shot just moments after these.)
8 comments:
Will the sunset arrive before the rain? Those clouds look mighty heavy.
Can I please come live on your land? Just a little cabin, maybe, on some remote corner? Your land is so beautiful - almost makes me forget why I love the suburbs!
Blessings!
What a beautiful word picture of the sunset.
Your farm is so homey. Thank you so much for sharing - how I love the country. Your particular portion of it is just beautiful.
looks like it's time for winter!
warm wishes for a fabulos fall!
You have been blessed with such a beautiful piece of land! Thanks for sharing the view with us all! I'm looking forward to the pictures tomorrow.
my you are poetic today! I love that time of day too - I love the gold of the sun as it's about to set and the way it seems to set everything on fire.
Nice! Thought you might like these simple kids and grownups crafty ideas. I made the book marks with magnets. Fun. flipflopsandapplesauce.blogspot.com
You have a gorgeous place! I love the pictures and thanks for sharing!
Joy
I love your little slice of heaven. You bring peace to my weary soul. ((Prairie Girl)))
Post a Comment