That Pit vipers have special sensory organs in front of their eyes which can detect tiny changes in temperature as little as 0.003 degrees C (0.005 degrees F)? A viper follows heat sources to seek out warm-blooded prey and thus can sneak up on sleeping prey at night or even deep down in dark burrows. Blech.
That just like tree rings the rings on a fish’s scales show how old it is and that some fish can live up to 80 years?
Needless to say, the kids are quite excited about the next catch of fish coming in so they can tally up the ages. I refuse to squelch their enthusiasm by telling them I’m pretty sure most of the fish that come through our door are usually young jiggers. Who knows, maybe we’ll get a surprise!
2 comments:
well now, there's something I don't need to know about snakes. *shudder*
what is it about snakes, huh? okay, well spiders are a close second. come to think of it there are a lot of scary creepy crawlies out there.
Post a Comment