The other morning we awoke to the sound of The Punkin’ banging on his door. He had pulled a rail off his crib, somehow managed to squeeze his way out and make his way over to the door. Dying to know how he did that, if he came out head first or feet first but alas, only God knows. And I mean that quite literally. He was, to say the least, prouder than a peacock and happy as a lark that he was FREE and in control of his own morning destiny.
The next day, the crib having been safely secured, The Punk had to come up with an alternate plan. The little monkey managed to climb OVER his rail and land (see above, observe forehead) smack on his forehead. Needless to say he was NOT happy as a lark over THIS turn of events.
He’s a smart little cookie for 10 and a half months though. He doesn’t even stand up in his crib anymore. I wish I could say the same for his high chair.
17 comments:
He is so cute and looks like his siblings ( and a young pic you had of you once). The two year old that I sit for climbed out of the playpen he naps in here. He was barley walking. well his mom ordered a tent like net contraption with a zip door. it all snaps on the playpen. He never got out again ( or tried). I still have it on there and he reminds me to zip it (o:. Guess it makes him feel secure. As for the high chair...put a child size belt around him and the one bar on the side of the chair (towards the back). I use to take my own little belt with me before all of the stores started having them on their carts. Sorry to sound like such an old lady....but hey, I am (o: I am drumming up comments for my blog. Birthday comments (o:
lolol - I love that story, and even more now that he tried it again *grin* What a monkey.
I told PGuy in Sunday School that neither of the boys have ever been inclined to do that - and I don't even have the crib rail all the way up for BBaby - it's halfway down and it STILL doesn't occur to him to try (lol)
He is just beautiful. I am so sorry about his tumble. I am mailing a small package to you tomorrow (Thurs.)
What a sweet little armful! That was a hard lesson to learn - poor baby. Give him an extra hug from a Texas Grandma :-)
He looks like a chub, how much does he weigh? My boy is 5 months and 21 lbs!
LOL!
I love the last picture... what a little mommy she is with her arm safely securing him.
Blesings!
Sara, he's a chub alright! 26 pounds. Looks like your little munchkin is catching up, LOL! I think The Punk was about 18 lbs at 5 1/2 months.
Dawn, you've pegged The Poppet to a T. She is my little mother hen in every way. Very protective and nurturing and the first to run to him and know his needs.
Those eyes!
Lol, watch out you are out numbered by some seriously clever kids! I was just thinking that this morning. All my kids around me and I felt this strange fear... WE ARE CLEARLY OUT NUMBERED! LOL!
hahah, I had an escape artist, well, I still do, but now she is 13...but when she was a toddler, boy, did we have our hands full...she would escape in the night from her bed, her room, we would find her in the kitchen climbing the cabinets...
yep! a real monkey...her name is Grace...and she has needed it, time and again...smile...
Too cute! It is just amazing to me what they can figure out to do! They so long to be independent don't they?
Blessings!
He is so adorable!!!!! I just want to pick him up and squeeze him (gently of course) :-).
He is soo precious though! I can't believe how fast he has grown! Oh makes me miss a baby!(umm did I just say that??)
sweet sweet sweet those cheeks have got to be just for kissing!
Joy
Oh, what a darlin'.
What we'll do for an ounce of freedom, eh? ... I've fallen flat on my face a few times before learning that boundaries exist for a reason. In that case, your little guy and this 37-year-old lady in Iowa have a few things in common. :-)
All the best to you and yours. He sure is a cutie.
He is too cute. Kaden now knows how to unlock & open the back sliding doors. This weekend we are going to have to rig it up some how. There isn't musch to get into back there, but he is a boy.
Little ones do some of the craziest (though quite clever) things in the name of freedom. My Chloe loves to stand in her booster seat as well...and rock back and forth singing. Keeps me on my toes!
Post a Comment