You are too old to stay up until 2 am and still be able to function the next day, or the day after that.
Kudos on greeting your husband with a sweet spirit instead of wanting to strangle him from anxiety after waiting up 4 and 3 1/4 hours until 12:45 am as he commuted home from northern reaches in freezing sleet from above, a blanket of fog all around and blowing snow below.
Next time your husband goes away for the weekend and takes the Pepto Bismol with him, make sure you have a back up bottle.
You may want to consider keeping ice cream pails within quick reach of the bedrooms upstairs, since in the time it takes you to retrieve them from under the kitchen sink a WHOLE lot of puke can mess up your life.
Kudos on taking care of that puke by the way. All 11 cases of it (not including your own wretched contribution) that took place between 4 kids in a two hour time span. You're getting real good at taking care of business with your eyes closed and your nose blocked off.
Smart work with the towels, they saved you from washing... oh, about 5 loads of blankets today.
And bravo for holding back your own queasiness long enough to take care of everyone else by the way, that was very big of you.
You came, you cleaned, you conquered. Now go finish conquering that tell tale pile of sordid towels.
19 comments:
Oh, my...
Guessing your Sabbath wasn't very restful. I'm sorry you've had illness in your home and praying you all will be well soon. Praying that the hubby doesn't get it... one sick hubby is worse than two sick kiddos, in my opinion.
Blessings upon you, friend!
Oh my... I am so very sorry you have had to deal with so much sickness all by yourself... I will be praying for all of you to get well AND for your husband to treat you to a day at a spa for all your hard work!
Blessings!
oh gosh... I love the spin you put on this... I, too, waited and waited... I should NOT have read a book about a woman whose husband dies on a trip leaving her with his children... that was not wise. Praying for the bug to begone quickly. ((hugs)) ps.- I'll leave sooner next time... I promise.
Oh no...I think we've all been there:(. So sorry...but it was delightful to read:)
haha...it was time for me to change my look! I'd had it since Christmas! (plus now i know i can come here and see my old one when i need a "fix" of my green and brown:)
Hope you get some rest and that health returns very, very soon!!
Puke is no fun! Praying that the sickness will leave your household quickly and that you will all be feeling better soon!! ((hugs)) Leanne
Ugh... so much for my wishes of a good Sunday for you! Sounds like some awful conditions for you and your hubby both... glad you both pulled through! I do like the way you wrote this up, though... I couldn't help smiling... probably 'cause, in many ways, I can relate. :o)
So very sorry - hope you all feel better soon.
You poor thing...and the kids. Could it be food poisoning? Get better sweetie (o:
hahahahaha.... sorry, this post made me giggle a little!
Sorry you had to deal with so much puke though! Yikes!
Oh, no! Oh, how I loath the stomach flu. I'm so sorry about your weekend...and I couldn't help but smile at your story, since I've spent many nights in your shoes (or should I say slippers?). I hope you're all better very, very soon!
Hope and pray you all feel 100%.
I'm sorry you and your family have been sick. It's never a good thing even when one child is sick, let alone just about every one in the family, including the one taking care of them, but I gotta admit, you sure tell it like it is and the way you tell it, makes me chuckle...but I'm praying deeply for a full recovery, like "PRONTO".
Hugs and blessings,
Alleluiabelle
I HATE PUKE!
Kudos to you girl, I have a whole new level of respect for ya!!!
I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!
Sarah
Oh no! I don't think there is anything worse than puke! Eww Bless your heart.. I am hoping and praying you all are much better. I have two littles with pneumonia now..and well I guess I would rather have that than the pukes. You poor things!
Joy
Oh, I'm so sorry you were so sick and the kiddies were sick. You were a brave person and a good momma and I am VERY proud of you for the nose block, eyes averted thing, because that stuff ALWAYS gets me!
You go rest girl, you deserve it.
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
You poor thing. We had the stomach flu go through our family the last week and a half. My youngest daughter's special needs daughter got it and ended up in the hospital. She actually lost over a lb. and at nearly 2y.o. and the size of an 18mos child she couldn't afford to lose it. It swept through their family and of course I was there to help. Luckily the adults didn't get as bad of case as the kids. The other daughter's family also got it. I'm ready for everyone to be healthy. Liked the idea of the ice-cream buckets though.
I pray you're better soon.
Hugs. Noreen
hahaha - kudos to me for being able to coherently greet Berry Guy upon his triumphant arrival before racing off to the bathroom to puke for the 2nd time out of, oh, 5...
and kudos to me too for being able to deal with Berry Baby puking all over himself AND ME the day AFTER I had done all my puking...I hate The Puke.
I came this way via Chris' blog after reading about your girls weekend. What I have just read is definately grace under pressure. Way to go! that is something I could not have handled, let alone write positively about later. God bless you as you are blessing your family and friends.
Bev (Chris' mom)
Oh, I am glad these days I only need to worry about cleaning up after myself...
in my baby days of raising four children, pails in the upstairs closet where my good friends, it felt like someone was always sick...
As I read through all the comments it seems we all can identify with you, P.C.
Post a Comment