Still blowing. Still Freezing. Still Dreaming….
The little cares that fretted me I lost them yesterday
Among the fields above the sea, among the winds at play
Among the lowing of the herds, the rustling of the trees
Among the singing of the birds, the humming of the bees
The foolish fears of what might pass, I cast them all away
Among the clover scented grass,
among the new mown hay
Among the hushing of the corn where drowsy poppies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born-
out in the fields with God.
Louise Imogen Guiney
19 comments:
Peace be with you
I absolutely love that poem! (I don't think I've read it before.) And, like always, your photos are perfectly appropriate for each line.
I think you really are dreaming of spring, girl!
Blessings upon your new week!!!
So very beautiful!
What a beautiful poem and such beautiful pictures! Thanks for that! Still dreaming about spring and summer over here too!
Lovely I alwways feel as if I have gotten a breath of fresh air when I come here.
Hugs
Amy
I love this poem so much. It is part of the selections from our preschool poetry readings and so this is my third time through this particular book and each time I read this one I just want to run out into a field and lay there on my back soaking up the smells and sounds and basking beneath the prairie sky. Ice and snow be gone!!! You are not conducive to fulfilling my dreams, LOL!
I love that poem-and your pics that go with it. I have that poem taped on my fridge. Holly
Thank you for that peaceful, beautiful picture poem. I had much more impact as I was *seeing* the words.
What a great way to start out my Monday morning...
Be blessed!
Very pretty poem! Your pictures are wonderful! They make me want spring even more! and summer too!
The one of your little boy in the tree is great! I remember we used to be big tree climbers growing up! We had one tree that we climbed most every day. IT was a big scyamore tree and we played in that tree all our growing up years. When my dad sold the house we grew up in, we were soo sad then the new owners cut the tree and well it was awful! We have such fond memories of that tree and just the great outdoors togeher as siblings. We were never inside during the spring or summer we were always out roaming our farm dreaming up big adventures. God's handiwork is the best playground and medicine too!
Great post PC!
Joy
beautiful :^)
You have inspired me, over these past months, to dig out all my poetry books. I was amazed at how many I had and ashamed at how little I read them. I am going to correct that.
I loved this - I'm right out there in that field with you, soaking up the sun and feeling the warm breezes blow.
Just found your blog through manic moms blog. I love the poem and the pics! Iv added you to me list of blogs I read daily.
Look forward to reading more:-)
Wonderful! Wonderful!
Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/
He Dutchy,
Your blog is inspiring to read. Fantastic, beuatiful foto' s and beautiful music. Its great to read, see and to enjoy.
Comming saturday we shall have a logos II reunion on the logos Hope. Hep, he is in the Netherlands. We will mis you there. Greetings and a Dutch hug from us to you all.
René
mmm... longing for green, pungent smell of tomato stems, filthy feet, clothespins, less bulk in the laundry, less bulk on the waist!! ha ha... dreaming for sure! (Ice caps... oh, for the heat to induce ice cap therapy.)
Just when the heat of summer arrives, I'll be longing for the snow. What funny hearts God has given us... at least we continue to long for Him amidst our daily inconsistent selves!!
Loved the pictures (surprise surprise) and the poem. We are getting warmer but so DRY. Had a great time in the mountains, but it is dry there to. We had a little snow, but not enough to count as moisture. We will have to worry about fire all summer at this rate.
I just love your blog site. You love the Lord, your funny, your deep, your rich in His teachings. Your photos are amazing and many times I'm whisped away, such as in this one. I'm from Northern New York so it has been very cold here as well. We had a few days of teasing with temps in the 50's, but freezing rain today so, this post is just what I needed tonight.
Blessings,
Alleluiabelle
How beautiful is that! God has created a magnificant earth! I'm so glad I stopped by, I plan on dropping in again.==Take Care, Renee
Your so inspiring. I love your blog, your perspective on life & eye for beauty. Not to mention beautiful kids.
Post a Comment