Winsome- charming in a childlike or simple way-attractive - pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm.
This week we celebrated lilacs and rhubarb with a "Lavender Picnic". Beautiful lilacs and mouth watering rhubarb crisp. Summer!
9 comments:
Hello!!!
What time do I come?!
Beautiful setting and family!
And what accent?!
I'm a Texan we don't have an accent, LOL!
Yes I'm real and if you pinch me I'm libable to yell "ouch" in my best Texan drawl!
"You come back now ya hear!"
I love that last pic with the lilacs on the barbeque!!!
Speaking of bbq's, last night we did rhubarb crisp on the bbq due to a power outage, and it worked great!!!
Looks beautiful:)
How fun! Your lilacs are way ahead of mine. VERY winsome! :)
Your lilacs look beautiful! Our lilacs here in Tn have already come and gone but they were pretty while they were here. My husband loves rhubarb and we have grown it in our garden a time or two, but we stopped because i just don't know how to cook it. We took some to the mennonites that are good friends of ours and to repay us with kindness she made us a apple/rhubarb pie which was wonderful, So if you don't mind i would love to know how you cook yours. The picnic looks like it was alot of fun, my three little blossoms love taking time to have a picnic, that is what i call making memories and what better memories could you give your children than ones of family and fun times. Brandie
I have been reading your blog for the past few weeks now, and I look forward to it every day. It looks like you had a wonderful picnic. We should all celebrate God's remarkable creation more.
Your picnic looks like fun! It's been too chilly in Ohio to do many summer activities.
I've linked to you on my blog - thanks for the "official" okay on that!
Blessings!
The "other" Texas Dawn ;-)
How beautiful! Can I come and join you all, it looks so inviting!
Jen, I always feel like our yard is the *last* to bloom... I couldn't believe our lilacs are ahead of yours!
Brandie, I couldn't agree more about memories. I was so impacted once by a message I heard from Chip Ingram who said "when your kids are old and on their own they will have much fonder memories of throwing the ball back and forth in the back yard with you than they will of running around competing in organized sports" or something along those lines. That really stuck with me and gave us the gumption to stick to our guns and work on making memories naturally, at home rather than running around trying to find fulfillment in programmed activities.
I will share some of my rhubarb recipes on saturday, or earlier if I get the chance.
Welcome JH! I popped over to your blog and loved your current post on simplicity. You sound like a kindred spirit =)
You're all welcome to pop over anytime ;)
Post a Comment