Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Corniest Corn Shuckers Around

You will enjoy the fruits of your labor, and you will be blessed with good things. Psalm 128:2

11 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful! My boys were at the same job at lunch time... I squeezed the corn pot amidst the peach paraphenilia. YUM. (just finished posting too) see ya tomorrow.

Mac an Rothaich said...

What great pictures and what beautiful color in them!

CHILDHOOD FLASH BACK... we where our parents farm free labor too (wink)... they had a market garden and I can remember doing that kinda work for hours:) I love the memories now, even though I complained a lot then... I love thinking about all the time we spent working hard together!

Dawn said...

I love the symetry of your pictures and that you even had your little ones helping. Way to train them, mom! Just curious - are you freezing it?

Seeing the fresh corn makes me miss my growing up days in the midwest. Can't get good, sweet corn like that here in Texas.

Blessings!

Berry Girl said...

man that's a lot of corn (or should I say "coren"). I'm assuming you will be freezing it :)
great pictures.

Unknown said...

yep, I'm freezing it. Today we tackled about half the crop, maybe even less than that; just the biggest cobs. B-boy would be so excited about all my "core-en" don't you think B-Girl? My kids weren't too excited by the end but they were real troopers. I have the most hilarious video of my two year old pulling one leaf at a time and grunting and groaning and sighing and when he gets all the leaves pulled down (down, not off) he looks at the cob, holds it up and takes a big chomp right off the end. Then he takes 4 or 5 juicy smacking bites down the whole length of it. Hilarious! I can't figure out how to upload it though, it might be too long or have too high of a definition, it just keeps "uploading" forever and never finishes. Bummer.

Linda said...

aww..I LOVE those pics!!!!

Nadine said...

Great verse - beautiful family.

hannahwiitala said...

That top picture of Jonathan is a framer for sure! so adorable!

Jenni said...

"Many hands make light work"

Those are some awesome shots! do you sell some of that corn, or use every bit? I need a good corn fritter recipe; got one?

Unknown said...

Corn fritters? Girl, I've never made 'em, but you sure put an idea in my head now! Will have to go and hut down some recipes and try 'em out. I'll keep you posted. We love corn on the cob, creamed corn as a side, corn chowder, cornbread biscuits.... and yes, that's all for us ,greedy grin> =D

Pony Girl said...

You take such nice pictures! I love the laundry basket idea to holder corn and the husks (I'm a teacher so I'm alwasy looking for creative uses for things! ;)