Enchanted thoughts from An Enchanted Place. (The House at Pooh Corner)
Don't you hate saying goodbye to beloved friends at the end of an enchanted read? Here is my Adieu to Pooh til our next little jigger is old enough to meet him. Sigh. As a sidenote, I took these pictures last week during our fall "not back to school" photo shoot. As I was reading the closing discourse betweeen CR and Pooh this afternoon, sniffling back tears of course.. I couldn't help but think how *perfect* these were for sharing the enchantment with you.... Enjoy!
"Where are we going?", said Pooh, hurrying after Christopher Robin.
"Nowhere," said Christopher Robin. 
So they began going there.
"What do you like doing best in the world, Pooh?"
"What I like best in the whole world is Me and Piglet going to see You, and You saying 'What about a little something?' and Me saying, 'Well, I shouldn't mind a little something, should you, Piglet,' and it being a hummy sort of day outside, and birds singing."
"I like that too," said Christopher Robin, "But what I like doing best is Nothing."
"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh, after he had wondered for a long time.
"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you are going off to do it, What are you going to do Christopher Robin, and you say, Oh, nothing, and then you go and do it."
"Oh, I see," said Pooh.
"This is a nothing sort of thing that we're doing now."
"Oh, I see," said Pooh again.
"It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering..."
"Oh!" said Pooh.
"When I'm... when.... Pooh!"
"Yes, Christopher Robin?"
"I'm not going to do nothing anymore." "
"Never again?"
"Well, not so much. They don't let you."
"Pooh, whatever happens, you will understand, won't you?"
"Understand what?"
"Oh, nothing." He laughed and jumped to his feet. "Come on!"
"Where?" said Pooh.
"Anywhere," Said Christopher Robin.
14 comments:
Aw! haha I actually bought that book on Saturday. I love the pictures with it though. They're adorable!
Mmmmmmmmm.... I love the idea of nothing and anywhere... not the lazy kind of nothing, but the kind that happens upon you when you don't see it coming, and you think back with fondness at the sweetness of the moment. Perfectly captured once again.
So absolutley sweet. Loved it and the story and pics went together just right.
very clever of you...very nice also to see this in irl pix!
:D
Wonderful!!!
We are a Pooh household, too. I even decorated my son's nursery (boy, that seems like a long/short time ago!) in a Pooh theme. After it was outgrown, I packed it all up and stored it. Maybe he'll use it for his own little one some day.
Thank you for all the sweet memories your post invoked for me today!
Be blessed!
That's the sweetest little story. Love the pictures. Absolutely adorable!
That is just precious, and it makes me want to read that with my boys!
Simply adorable!!!Your photos match the story perfectly....you are indeed blessed.
Noreen
We have that book also, we will have to start reading that after we finish Charlotte's Web! Loved the pictures, so so precious!
Absolutely precious! I don't like saying adieu to enchanted friends either. Rather bitter/sweet. I find myself going back to visit even in my "advanced years" those stories that were so special.
*sigh*
(happy smile)
Milne can be a challenging read aloud (I remember feeling like I was trying to talk around rocks in my mouth the first time I read it to our oldest daughter)... but it's definitely one that grows on you more and more each time you read it (and they love it and don't seem to be put off by the run on sentences and true to life disjointed banter near as much as I am).
Milne would definitely be on my top 50 list (not saying I have one) of Essential Family Read Alouds. Or maybe that would be top 100, not sure I could pare it down to fifty... or a hundred for that matter. I never succeed in making book lists, because they just go on to infinity.
Anyway, if you find it awkward, just take it slow and easy, and don't give up. And even if you don't enjoy it that much the first go round, be sure to tackle it again sometime, like I said, it's one of those red wine reads that grows richer in flavor over time, and the taste grows on you.
Not that I drink wine. Not that I don't. Just an analogy is all... =D
We are reading this right now too...I like it!
Love the pictures they are awesome!
My grandmother was the first to share Milne with me and it has been a staple in our home ever since. His words make me want to cry because of his understanding of childhood... I want to do nothing today!
Post a Comment