Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thankful 277 & Counting

I love the discipline of sitting down and expressing my gratitude for all the simple and wonderful gifts He bestows. I *love* the idea behind Anne's Thousand Gifts and how I can sit down and add to the list at any moment, any day.

Anne writes;

"As the moments slip down the hour glass of time, I am scratching down the gifts---just as they happen, as they arrive, as they are unwrapped---that He has given that make my life grace, the daily graces that He gives in an infinite number of ways, that stir me."

I am seeing things I have never seen before, atuned and aware of this constant, endless stream of gifts from His hand. I am one waking from slumber....from the stupor of indifference and ignorance. I have sight, fresh and keen---the world is new and full of His gifts.

For...

277. Ethereal moments of evening rest on the porch bench beside Prairie Guy watching the changing hues of sunset and hearing the faint honk and flap of canadian geese as they pass over us.

278. The smiles and babbling of a sparkly eyed babe.

279. Autumn rays on battered hardwood and the peace that enters upon it's beams.

280. Vision to witness the ever changing palette of fall in all it's glory.

281. Apples on the bough

282. Apple cider in speckled green mugs; shared in the company of comfortable friends

283. Apple Butter in Mason jars.

284. Winter blankets with warm patterns pulled out in preparation, hung to air against the backdrop of gold and russet, and a cobalt sky.

285. Harvest moons.

286. Silent mornings with pale sunlight streaming through the garden and pouring onto the pages of His Living Word.

Lord of all to Thee I raise, this my hymn of grateful praise.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments on the fry bread. I love your blog and your photos. I also am enjoying getting to know other women through blogs.

LindaGay
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Leanne said...

You are such a blessing to me. The way you capture the world around you on paper touches my heart. You say on paper what I feel in my heart.
Also, I love your picture with the boots and the fence, it looks great. Have a wonderful day!

Leanne

Linda said...

I've been doing this too. It is a blessing to read the blessings of others - and a blessing to number our own.
In the darkest moments of my life the Lord has asked me to praise. It is miraculous the way speaking the truth of who He is brings peace.
It was a joy reading your list.

Berry Girl said...

I like this - this is what your Thankful Thursday is to me. A chance to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for.

Krista said...

I love reading thankful thoughts! I am so moved by His love today and I am thankful for how the Lord has used all of my blog friends to encourage and lift my spirit. I have found myself slipping, slowly into a state of sadness. For what? I have NOTHING to be sad about.

Thankful for His constant help in this battle for my soul,
Krista